ISP D 10 rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradyo54

I just heard Illinois State Police Pesotum tell it's cars to come to Pesotum for radio re banding. Does anyone know what they are changing ?

Will this change the way we are monitoring them? I'm new to this Starcom 21 system.

Last edited:

catbird

Premium Subscriber
I just heard Illinois State Police Pesotum tell it's cars to come to Pesotum for radio re banding. Does anyone know what they are changing ?

Will this change the way we are monitoring them? I'm new to this Starcom 21 system.
I am curious also. Hearing the same traffic in District 22.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
ISP Dist 10 Rebanding?

I saw some conversations at the end of February 2015 on the Yahoo Groups Starcom21 page *the public can see some of them by clicking on them. They were discussing Starcom21 going over to Phase II TDMA or something. Someone named "Mark" said

"In the minutes for a Chicago-area ETSB policy board, I read that it is the State’s intent to switch the STARCOM21 system over to TDMA (P25 Phase II) during the last quarter of 2016 or early 2017"

Maybe the answer is in that Yahoo Group. I checked the State Police websites for districts 10 and 22 and didn't see anything in the News sections. This is one reason I upgraded from the Pro96 to the WS1080 back in September 2014, to be ready for any new changes.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/StarCom21/conversations/messages

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard this from 7, 14, or 20, but I'll definitely keep an ear out for it. I can confirm that site 224 in Macomb is NOT Phase II-capable as of about an hour ago tonight, so if this is what the changes are they aren't happening statewide simultaneously.

Could just be a change to the radio templates too. With all the consolidating ISP has gone through the past couple years it would make sense to consolidate their talkgroups, which they've basically done anyway through constant patching.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
They been rebanding here on Dist 11 also the last few days.
Not sure what there changing but so far hasn't changed how the scanners are receiving them.
As mentioned they can be changing any number of things.

TGP

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im hearing D6-Pontiac dispatch D21-Ashkum on there TG9021, and also Pontiac dispatching D10-Pesotum on there TG13007....The two districts refer to "Pontiac" when they reply, is this the way you guys are hearing this....LaSalle , Joliet and Elgin still seem to be on there own.....Mark is a great guy and a retired trooper and has good info,......

nick223

Feed Provider
I know they are consolidating dispatch centers. I know Lasalle will be merging with sterling D1 late this year or early next yr

usswood

Im hearing D6-Pontiac dispatch D21-Ashkum on there TG9021, and also Pontiac dispatching D10-Pesotum on there TG13007....The two districts refer to "Pontiac" when they reply, is this the way you guys are hearing this....LaSalle , Joliet and Elgin still seem to be on there own.....Mark is a great guy and a retired trooper and has good info,......

yep, Pontiac has been dispatching D 10 for about 6 months now

Status
Not open for further replies.