Stillwater Site and OHP Troop K Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

oklameatman

Using a BCT15X to monitor the Stillwater Site, using the 'control channel only' function. Everything seems common and usual except for TGID 44560. Sometimes I hear both sides of the conversation...sometimes I hear the troopers only...sometimes I hear dispatch only. More often than not I only hear one side of the conversation, but only with this TGID, and only on the Stillwater site. Using the Tulsa site everything seems to work as expected. Any ideas why?

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
The Stillwater site is rebanding. I don't know about he BCT15X but on my BC346XT I needed to create a custom band plan for the site. (Since its an older scanner rebanding is not a pre-installed band plan). If you are using the standard band plan all but 2 frequencies will work.

peterjmag

No, you must enter the appropriate tables to support reband for the Stillwater site. Your scanner will not scan 100% without them.

oklameatman

No, you must enter the appropriate tables to support reband for the Stillwater site. Your scanner will not scan 100% without them.

Oh no. I don't know what this means. Is this a result of the BCT15X? Or the Stillwater site? Both?

What do you mean by 'appropriate tables'?

Thanks

oklameatman

I use FreeScan to program the radio. I found and read this article.

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

I changed the Site Type to "Mot Custom Reband Type II", and entered the following information under the 'Site Setup' tab for the Stillwater site (in FreeScan)

851.025 854.000 440 25 khz
851.0125 868.9875 0 25 khz

Is this what is meant by a custom band plan? Are these the correct values for all sites which are rebanded, no matter which scanner? I'm a little lost on programming for rebanding. Thanks.

n5bew1

I use FreeScan to program the radio. I found and read this article.

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

I changed the Site Type to "Mot Custom Reband Type II", and entered the following information under the 'Site Setup' tab for the Stillwater site (in FreeScan)

851.025 854.000 440 25 khz
851.0125 868.9875 0 25 khz

Is this what is meant by a custom band plan? Are these the correct values for all sites which are rebanded, no matter which scanner? I'm a little lost on programming for rebanding. Thanks.
Yes you are correct this is a custom band plan and it should work for you.

oklameatman

Thank you

Thanks for the support. It seems to have worked. Radio now tracks a TGID through an entire conversation. I can also see all available site frequencies being used.

Now - this custom band plan - is it only needed when one uses the C-Channel Only function? Meaning, would I have not had this trouble if I had simply programmed all of the site freqs into the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.