Help with home patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greygoose13

I'm new here and would like some help programming my home patrol to just the small community I live in. I keep getting all the other stuff but would like just the small town and county police and such. Is there a way to just program the channels in I want and nothing else? I tried calling uniden but can't wait an hour for help! Thanks

rcool101

Feed Provider
Where do you live, and what to want to listen to? Did go to the data base and look at your systems in your area. Need more info

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Couple options
Go in Sentinal software and create favorites with only what you want to hear. and send to the scanner, then turn on those favorites and turn off the entire database
or
while its scanning press HOLD on what you want to hear (can only hear one system/group/talkgroup at a time depends on which level you hold on
or
turn the RANGE miles down to a lower value AND turn the Services for Business/Transportation to OFF only leave what you want to hear on.. ie POLICE FIRE EMS etc

marksmith

The best way is to use the Sentinel software.

Create one favorites list.
Go to your state and county in the database and pick through what is there. When you see something you want, right click and append tou your new favorites list. The first time you do this you get a chance to name the new list.

Pick just the stuff you want. By drilling down in the database stuff tou can get it down to just single talkgroups on a site, etc. in other words... just your police or fire and not the whole county.

Then you might want to go through the statewide and possibly national stuff to see if there is anything you might want to add. Might be CB, FRS or railroads, marine frequencies, whatever. Again, only add the channels you want to monitor. I would put as few on as possible to start. You can always add more later.

Then....
Go into the edit-profile.

Tturn OFF the Full Database and just turn on your favorites list. Now you are in full control of what is monitored.

Upload to the scanner. Only active stuff from your list will play.

Mark
536HP/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT
996T/396XT(2)/PSR800/PRO668

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Click the little icon with the arrow pointing to the scanner or SCANNER --> Write to Scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.