Pro-668: Some Starting Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

germwad86

Just picked one up and have some questions..... Sorry if these are posted elsewhere, I wasn't really sure where to go.

I've made myself some playlists and i put on the wildcard feature in each, so question one is how can you see what the wildcard talk group decimal is when it hits on a wildcard. Right now it just comes up "Wildcard"?

Also, I live in central nj and haven't had one hit on the State 700 system. First problem that maybe it could be is that i'm using a 800 Radio shack antenna to improve hits on that system. Could that be causing the issue? I have the Cranbury site in as well as New Bruns and Rutgers and a few others but I would think I would get a hit still.

Another, I know that when a talk group of channel comes up you can hit the skip button, is there any other way to lock out a channel or must it be done on the computer?

Thanks!!

(It's my first digital scanner as I've been out of the game for some time)

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
System Browse

I was trying to figure out if there is a way to browse a system. I know you can go to browse objects, but that seems to only let you listen to one channel, instead of the system, and the talkgroups that were programmed in for the particular system.

troymail

Silent Key
If the 668 is like the PSR800 and WS1080:

- you should be able to disable "Simple Display" and also enable other display options like TGID, frequency, etc. Scroll through the MENU and SETTINGS.

- when the radio stops on a Wildcarded talkgroup, hit MENU and then the default/first option should be Store Talkgroup.... hit SEL and it will store that talkgroup. Then, when that stored talkgroup comes up again, you can hit SKIP to skip/lock it out.

EDIT: I went and checked -- yup - that's what the PRO-668 manual says too....

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I was trying to figure out if there is a way to browse a system. I know you can go to browse objects, but that seems to only let you listen to one channel, instead of the system, and the talkgroups that were programmed in for the particular system.

Create scan lists for different systems and then enabled/disable those scanlists to listen to a specific system (or whatever you program into those scanlists).

I tend to go even further and create scanlists that break up a system into various sets of users:

Fire Routine
Fireground
Police
Sheriff
Public Works
Schools

etc.

So, if/when I only want to hear activity on other than routine fire/ems incidents, I just disable all of the scanlists except Fireground.

You have total control of what goes into the scanlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.