31 Days and counting.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master received my PSR-800 on Monday, Feb 23rd, per the USPS tracking system. 31 days later, and a "one line response" that it was to be shipped back this week, that being the week of March 23rd. "Not Impressed", wraps up my general opinion, to perform updating of my device, as well as there lack of dialogue, to explain the amount of time that has passed. Sadly, at this moment, a "letter grade" of D, is my overall public opinion of their customer service. I had a previous "run in" with their customer service rep, when I ordered 2 "Deluxe" printed Rad Ref frequency booklets, and upon examination, one booklet contained the correct amount of info/pages, and the second did not. A lengthy argument ensued, as I stood my ground, stating I was billed for 2 deluxe editions but received a "slimmed down" version, so either mail the additional pages,or credit my debit account for the missing portions.I then received loose pages of the second printout, and had to "restaple" the modified booklet together. Since both "Deluxe" editions were for different "Counties" in New Jersey, they decided that I was to receive the full edition on one booklet, and a "reduced" booklet on the other edition. These were 2 separate clients, that I was providing the Deluxe County Editions to, so an apology to these accounts was forthcoming. I hope folks have a better experience than I had, with this organization.

mitbr

I had a problem with Scannermaster as well.
Awhile back I ordered an antenna from them only to cancel the order within the time allotted for the order cancel. The antenna arrived at my home a week later and I had to call them to ask them why. The person on the phone stated it was dropped shipped and printed a label for returning the item and stated a credit to my account would be issued as they did when I originally cancelled the order.

A week went by and no credit to my account. I called again and this circle repeated itself 3 times again.
Finally in the end they did credit my account but charged me shipping on the item. I called again about this issue their response was someone had to pay for the shipping and hung up on me.YMMV

kf7yn

I ordered a scanner antenna which arrived without a set screw. I was treated rudely by the person on the phone and never got a replacement. A subsequent phone call to Customer Service Manager Sumner Barnett got the problem resolved. That would be my recommendation.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
As the end of the "business" work week wraps up, and "Day 33" is added to the tote board, there is no sign or indication that my PSR-800 is updated and being returned by Scanner Master. The one line response from their Customer Service Dept. assured me that "shipment" would occur this week, so I put my tent up next to the rural mailbox, in hopes of seeing the Grumman built mail truck, with warning flashers illuminated, rolling up soon. Please Post any customer issues, as I have, so consumers aren't misled by the Rad Ref advertisement by Scanner Master, believing that an endorsement was forthcoming as a result of their ads appearing on this site. Reasonable consumers expect reasonable service. Enough said!

mancow

Database Admin
It took them a week to ship an antenna (I mean a week to get it in the mail, not just for it to arrive). I won't be shopping there again most likely.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a 470 MHz yagi from Scanner Master two weeks ago. Arrived here in Los Angeles in 4 days. In the past on a couple of previous orders, the same, 3 to 4 days. So my experience, fortunately, has been different.
Steve AA6IO

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I have bought from SM many times and they were quite fast/reliable shipping to Canada.

In my personal opinion though I personally wouldnt use the "home-town" programming for a scanner esp one that HAS the entire RR database already on it (PSR-800/WS1080/Homepatrol/436/536).

The PSR-800 will ask to update the scanner once connected to the computer/EZScan.. gives you instructions to update its really quite easy. Its not like updating a 396T from v1->v3 which is still doable just more steps required.

abbadabbado

scannermaster

bought several scanners an antennas was nice in tel comm an never had any problems talked to them like i wanted to be talked to very satisfied just my opinion

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I don't see how SM can really do a decent job of programming for an area hundreds or thousands of miles away. They can just put everything in there, but that's not going to work very well. You'll miss a lot of stuff scanning vast numbers of freqs that have nothing on them, so you'll end up using the software anyway. If you're going to do that, it makes more sense to just save your cash and let the scanner load up everything by area and deleting the stuff you don't want. And the bonus is, you'll learn a lot.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
In the future, use the radios PC software to update. If you have problems, just ask on this forum.

As ratboy stated, your radio will probably come back from SM with way to many freqs, and systems than what you want to listen to. While your radio is scanning a gazzilion things, you will miss what is a priority for you.

Some of us use a great radio like the 800 for digital and/or phase II and have multible, cheaper radios for other freqs/systems. Though possible to set up separate scanlists on your 800 for everything, if you truly want to hear what is going on with conventional, analog trunked, digital or Phase II, you will want separate scanners. And yes, many of the cheaper scanners use PC software so you no longer have to be a rocket scientist to program. Though these are not the latest, gee whiz radios, there is still a lot of stuff these work horses can pick up. One of these analog/trunking radios is the Uniden BCT15X. Even includes "Bear Tracker" if you drive like a race car driver, rob banks or sell drugs.

Happy scanning

Last edited:

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Most of the time, I have two scanners going. At home, my Pro197 and 106 are usually both going with different scan lists selected, with only a little overlap. I don't miss much this way. At work, I have my PSR-500 and my Pro-668 going with the same set up on both. The 668 is better on some things, but the 500 is more immune to the huge level of hash inside this building.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Breaking News from Scanner Master....

It is 10;30 AM Eastern Time, and I was just informed that the Scanner Master "Office" is closed today due to a FLU Outbreak, and my PSR-800 which arrived exactly 35 days/ 7 weeks ago, at their "Programming Department" is yet to receive their attention. That contradicts an E-mail last week advising that it was being shipped sometime during the business week of March 23rd-27th. I continued to check my debit account to make note whether the reprogramming/return shipping fees had been"posted" for payment to Scanner Master. A wonderful elderly gentleman took my call this AM, and advised me to call back tomorrow, when he assured me that the office would be staffed, flu or no flu.This is coming from someone who is eligible for FREE Flu Vaccinations from Medicare. My previous "Grading System" of a "D", has now been changed to an "F". Is my next course of action to contact the BBB in their area? I hope customer service issues are being tracked by the management of this web site, before accepting future advertising dollars. Respectfully Submitted, COLBRZ 1319.

N8IAA

If you spent as much time programming your scanner rather than typing numerous new threads on this subject you would have been listening to your radio for over a month. As you know medical issues can slow you down so please give ScannerMaster the same consideration.

colbrz1319 does have medical problems. This is why he sent it out to be programmed. Why don't you give him a break?
Larry

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
When a consumer is told by the retailers staff twice in written e-mail form, that your property was to be shipped, on 2 different occasions, and more lame *** excuses pop up, future customers have a right to know.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
If it were me I'd go ahead and tell them to ship it to you as is, once they get back into the office. I'm sure someone on here is local and could help you program the scanner. I had programming files for my 436HP months before my radio even shipped, thanks to some members here who had already gathered all that info.

-AZ

mancow

Database Admin
Maybe next time ask one of us to do it. I'm sure you could have sent one of us a list of what you want and the info as to where you are at and we could have got you fixed up. You could even run the simple Teamviewer one time PC control program and we could do it remotely for you.

TAbirdman

Maybe next time ask one of us to do it. I'm sure you could have sent one of us a list of what you want and the info as to where you are at and we could have got you fixed up. You could even run the simple Teamviewer one time PC control program and we could do it remotely for you.

Shoot, if someone had a spare 2GB card to load a configuration on and mail it to him so when he gets the scanner back (assuming it gets returned as is) all he would need to do is pop in the new SD card.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Threads merged. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.