5343kHz usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Krokus-unfortunately no, this is the best I could muster on the r71a and it was under that OTHR vibe to add. I see you are possibly listening on your phone right? (Tapatalk) I can tell you that playback is totally copyable on my home PC so I can imagine how this DX would suck on a tiny speaker.

ridgescan

Whatsup Brandon! Thanks for the usual excellent info and for putting it on the RR map-I couldn't dig this up anywhere-but I should've known to look in yours or Token's YT pages for a sure thing.
Interesting links! So I saw in link 1 that I was kind of lucky to catch this one due to their frequent switching between 70 known frequencies. Cool!

SCPD

QRT
Yep, VC01 is heard on the west coast when conditions warrant -- usually in the early morning hours locally. Today actually has some of the better propagation conditions we've had in a long time.

Easily picked up on a Wellbrook loop! :D

Token

Whatsup Brandon! Thanks for the usual excellent info and for putting it on the RR map-I couldn't dig this up anywhere-but I should've known to look in yours or Token's YT pages for a sure thing.
Interesting links! So I saw in link 1 that I was kind of lucky to catch this one due to their frequent switching between 70 known frequencies. Cool!

VC01 does not necessarily switch between known frequencies. What it typically does is select a new frequency set roughly every month or so, I have seen few repeating freqs (although 5343 has been used in the past, so it is a repeat) and the selection seems to be pretty random. It is typically on 2 frequencies at any one time, but with different data on those two freqs. It is common for one active freq to be in USB, while the other is in LSB. It is also common for the speed of delivery of the numbers on the two freqs to be different, one slightly faster than the other. They started this speed difference a bit over a year ago.

It has been on this 5343 kHz freq since the first week of March. It is on another freq a few hundred kHz up also, but I don’t remember that freq off the top of my head. This evening after I get home from work I will look it up and post it in this thread.

VC01 is pretty much heard every morning on the west coast, but it is frequently killed by Chinese OTHRs, since they operate in much the same frequency range.

Much less common is to hear this stations sister Morse station, called MC03. It has been on 4010 kHz for the last couple months, but the traffic has been light.

T!

Token

OK, home now and looking at logs. The two currently active frequencies used during the morning hours of the US west coast are 5343 kHz USB and 5740 kHz LSB. It showed up on both of these frequencies on March 6, 2015. It had previously used 5343 kHz in February of 2014.

I suspect, but have very little proof, that VC01 typically has at least 2 sets of active frequencies for a given calendar period. I mean 4 or more freqs. A "daytime" set and a "nighttime" set. Unfortunately, because of propagation I have not been able to confirm this, but sometimes I have found in use frequencies cycling to unused on a daily cycle, I suspect during that time the other freqs are in use.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.