Geting back into scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

Been away from the hobby for a couple of years. I purchased a HP-1 a while back and four months later LWIN went to encryption. Sold it and found a new hobby to replace scanning. Anyway, I just ordered a new BCD436HP yesterday from Amazon. The price was too good to pass up, $419.95. Looks like it's still at that price today, link below for anyone interested.
So my question is, what's out there in the clear still that I should be able to monitor in St. Tammany (I know I'm not able to monitor STPSO), Jefferson, Orleans, and Tangipahoa parishes? How much has actually gone encrypted? I suppose it's going to be like starting from scratch again for me. I hope to be able to listen to a good bit, otherwise I'll be sending the scanner back to Amazon after a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.

BCD436 on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Uniden BCD436HP HomePatrol Series Digital Handheld Scanner: Car Electronics

shew

Been away from the hobby for a couple of years. I purchased a HP-1 a while back and four months later LWIN went to encryption. Sold it and found a new hobby to replace scanning. Anyway, I just ordered a new BCD436HP yesterday from Amazon. The price was too good to pass up, $419.95. Looks like it's still at that price today, link below for anyone interested.
So my question is, what's out there in the clear still that I should be able to monitor in St. Tammany (I know I'm not able to monitor STPSO), Jefferson, Orleans, and Tangipahoa parishes? How much has actually gone encrypted? I suppose it's going to be like starting from scratch again for me. I hope to be able to listen to a good bit, otherwise I'll be sending the scanner back to Amazon after a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.

BCD436 on Amazon:
Amazon.com: Uniden BCD436HP HomePatrol Series Digital Handheld Scanner: Car Electronics

st. Charles s.o....Jefferson parish s.o and sometimes Terrebonne s.o is encrypted in this area...everyone else is in the clear on the LWIN

kd5pck

Thanks. Scanner should be in today around 10am at work. Got a feeling that not much actual work is going to get done after that.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
whaz up

Welcome back to the wholesom, fun loving world of scanning. Let's hope this yrear will be the one average scanner users will be able to decrypt ADP with easily available software given away on the internet. I like the 436 because it looks like a real police- military radio and I can pretend I'm part of the action. Anyway have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.