Rapid Price Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtaman

Is it just Wednesday or did all Uniden scanners change prices today. I was looking on eBay and I could find the BCD996P2 for 399. Now all of them are 417 and then I checked on Amazon. Amazon has it now for 419. Then I saw that Amazon had the BCD996XT for 319. So I decided to look on eBay and I found a BCD996xt for 225 with free shipping. It seems today the prices have rapidly changed.

Boatanchor

There are a few things going on at the moment that are impacting on scanner prices :)

mule1075

Feed Provider
Would not read to much into it.Not unusual at all on eBay and Amazon for price fluctuations on scanners happens more than you think.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

gtaman

Maybe the cheaper eBay units all sold.
Supply and demand also factors.

That's a good price for the XT.

Both of the sellers I was watching changed prices. It's kind of odd. But 417 is now to lowest price. But I'm not to worried I scored the 996xt for 225 so I'm going to wait to buy the P2 as phase 2 won't be used in my area for a few years. But it was funny. Today was my day to buy a P2 for 398. But then I saw the 996XT and I snatched it up instead.

Boatanchor

With Uniden releasing new 'economical' P2 scanners with retail prices not much lower than the x36HP, it had to go one or both of two ways. The 996P2 and 352P2 prices had to come down and or the price of the x36HP had to go up. Otherwise there is negligable difference in price between the Uniden Flagship and 'poverty pack' P2 scanners.

Plus, the goings on with Radio Shack and dumped products would be having an impact on both manufacturers at the moment.

There is only a relatively small market for these devices and that market may be approaching saturation levels. That makes it all the more important for scanner manufacturers to think outside the box and produce scanners that owners of existing scanners want to upgrade to. Considering markets outside of North America may also be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.