thin client suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraman762

I have provided a feed for a while. My old thin client HP t5720 decided to die. Unable to fix it. Put feed on laptop but its not stable and keeps crashing. Have decided to either get another thin client or just give up broadcasting for a while. Any suggestions on a good thin client?

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can get a used replacement t5720 for $30 and swap the flash over. Or you can shop around and get a bit newer one for a few dollars more. If you have patience, you can find some nice ones real cheap.
I have used quite a few different ones for private feeds. I had a tough time getting .NET in the lower end ones due to memory but finally read enough about shortcuts to do it.

chris

supraman762

is the t5720 what is recommended to get? or should i be looking for another kind?

Its weird how mine broke. It was working fine then we unhooked it to rearrange the office, now it wont even post. just power on and nobody home. i have tried to flash xp embedded to it again and it wont work. the local computer dude said that it would cost $50 for him to even look at it. So to me thats not worth it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get my old one back up??

cg

Premium Subscriber
For me the HP windows thin clients are all I have ever used. Just be careful NOT to get a Linux one, they cannot be flashed with a Windows image. I don't want to learn Linux so I only look for the HP thin clients that are Windows versions.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.