basic- multi feed radio recording set up suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1WLI

Premium Subscriber
I do apologize if this has already been covered somewhere.
long story short i am looking to record, not stream live, just record audio from a single frequency on radio like a CDM 1550. my goal is to start with just one frequency they add two more.

this is for my fire department as a way to capture and play back incident audio for training and critique purposes. also, adding audio of the "big one" to our annual slide show is a nice touch. as of right now the only way for our dept to get recordings is from a dispatch center, but its only for specific reasons and has to be requested by the chief (pain in the butt).

is there anyone that is running a setup like this to accomplish a similar task? im looking for ideas or examples of setups to base mine upon. my road block is how to get the audio from the radio to the computer and how to do multiple audio inputs. i plan on using Audacity to record the audio, utilizing the programs record VOX feature.

Lastly, id like to use a laptop to do this if possible, but if thats not really a good option a desktop might be available.

Thanks in advance.

DC31

Feed Provider
I do apologize if this has already been covered somewhere.
long story short i am looking to record, not stream live, just record audio from a single frequency on radio like a CDM 1550. my goal is to start with just one frequency they add two more.

this is for my fire department as a way to capture and play back incident audio for training and critique purposes. also, adding audio of the "big one" to our annual slide show is a nice touch. as of right now the only way for our dept to get recordings is from a dispatch center, but its only for specific reasons and has to be requested by the chief (pain in the butt).

is there anyone that is running a setup like this to accomplish a similar task? im looking for ideas or examples of setups to base mine upon. my road block is how to get the audio from the radio to the computer and how to do multiple audio inputs. i plan on using Audacity to record the audio, utilizing the programs record VOX feature.

Lastly, id like to use a laptop to do this if possible, but if thats not really a good option a desktop might be available.

Thanks in advance.

Not totally the direction that you are headed, but good information, nevertheless:

https://sites.google.com/site/glyman3home/radiosave

KB1WLI

Premium Subscriber
iv got the software aspect mostly figured out. the equipment setup is were im at a loss.
but thanks for the link!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Are you planning on recording this with FD assets? If so, keep in mind that the recordings become subject to FOIA requests.

Are the various audio feeds you plan on recording coming from separate radios?

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.