Question On ARC500 Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, I am fairly new to scanning and RR. I have a Radio Shack Pro651 scanner, I also have the Radio Shack programing cable. My computer is a HP with Windows 8.1 in it.
I just got my software yesterday. I loaded it into my computer and all that seem to go very well.. I decided to take things a little slow at first.
I picked scan list 1 and went to my state and county for some Conventional frequencies. I high lighted several small list to copy and then went to the software and pasted it . WOW was that nice . I edited a little of that copy and paste. I added the color light ID on some and Audio Boost on some and Digital AGC on some.
I know what AGC is , not real sure about the Digital difference.
After that all looked ok so I saved my set up. Next I Up Loaded my set up to the scanner.
Scan list 1 is activated and it scans it.
But I am not hearing any thing. I know these are active Frequencies are good or at least most of them.
What could I have done wrong or did not do ????
Could the Digital AGC maybe have any thing to do with it ????
When I Up Loaded to my computer I also lost all the Alpha Tag IDs, not sur of what happened there ????
TNX------Tracker44

Last edited:

jfhtm350

Im using Win500 but I tried ARC500. Im not sure what or where your getting "Digital Difference" from.

I think Automatic Gain Control only works on digital systems. Not for sure though. It just smooths out the volume instead of one person sounding low and another being real loud.

Why did you download from the scanner to the computer? Not saying you cant but as many times as I've reprogrammed my scanners I've never downloaded from the scanner. Thats what saved files are for. Another thing I do is when I upload to the scanner I save it in the Virtual folders so if the scanner crashes I can just reload it. I have had the scanner crash when uploading and it erases the programming.

What scanner are you using?
Do you have the lastest version of ARC500?
What programming cable are you using?

Tracker44

The scanner is a Radio Shack Pro 651, the cable is a Radio Shack computer to the scanner cable , and the program is a ARC500. that I just got in the mail Wednesday of this week.
All is brand new with a computer with Windows 8.1
This set up worked great . I am just having some getting use to this software time
TNX for the help
Take Care

Tracker44

I down loaded into the program because I had a lot of manual frequencies programed into it all ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.