Dusting off my BC246T in Wichita

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarney

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC246T that I've used for several years, but has been collecting dust for quite some time now. I powered it up today and it started scanning but couldn't find anything like it used to.

I'm guessing something changed with the programming in the Wichita area, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. The talkgroup IDs appear to be the same. The System Frequencies seemed a little different, so I reprogrammed them from the RR page using FreeScan, but still can't seem to get anything.

I don't know much about these things, so any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC246T that I've used for several years, but has been collecting dust for quite some time now. I powered it up today and it started scanning but couldn't find anything like it used to.

I'm guessing something changed with the programming in the Wichita area, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. The talkgroup IDs appear to be the same. The System Frequencies seemed a little different, so I reprogrammed them from the RR page using FreeScan, but still can't seem to get anything.

I don't know much about these things, so any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated.

They went digital a while back. There are plenty of newer scanners out there that will monitor the new project 25 system, unfortunately your 246T isn't one of them.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
PVPD730, thanks for the quick response.

I knew they were looking at going digital, just didn't know it had happened already.

I wonder why the RR site [ https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=600 ] still lists it as analog. Do you know?

Maybe one of the database admins or someone locally can answer that. I was down there 3 months ago and didn't catch any activity on the old system. The new P25 system uses the same frequencies as the old one, and my scanner didn't decode anything when programmed as Motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.