belleville police

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Chief Cory MacKay... she noted "some citizens who listen to police transmissions “unfortunately” manage to attend locations where police have responded to take photographs of arrests"

Is she referencing the media?? As long as they arent interfering with the officers, keeping a distance, and its on public property I believe its legal to do both! But the media professionals on here may know the photo laws better then I do.

(the radios) "reached end-of-life stage in 2010...... It’s critical that we have those (radios) replaced for our officers’ safety, as well as for the community’s safety"

Hmm.

VE3RADIO

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Totally agree with the comments here..
The Belleville Police Service's integrity is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE. From back door appointments and deals to sweeping the wrong doings of their officers under the carpet ie: "The Copper" twitter comments the refusing to identify that officer.
All the way to their officers hanging out at Loyalist College flirting with the female security guards while being on paid duty paid by the college.
To issuing bogus traffic tickets to innocent drivers who are involved in traffic accidents with officer's friends and family in order to change responsibility of the accidents.
The corruption starts right at the top with the ex mayor Neil Ellis and now Mayor Taso Christopher and his city council right down to the police chief Cory McMullan.
This city and police service do NOT want the public..media or even the Quinte West OPP knowing what goes on with the Belleville city limits ..so encryption is expected to happen..

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Obviously their current gear can do encryption too, they just don't want to go that route (no doubt Motorola is whispering in their ears saying the the UCM's for the Spectras and such are no longer available). So, time for shiny new APX radios with ADP thrown in for free.. yay!

Anyone know what the M/A-Com radio is in the cruisers console (from the picture in the newspaper link). I don't recognize that rig.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Obviously their current gear can do encryption too, they just don't want to go that route (no doubt Motorola is whispering in their ears saying the the UCM's for the Spectras and such are no longer available). So, time for shiny new APX radios with ADP thrown in for free.. yay!

Anyone know what the M/A-Com radio is in the cruisers console (from the picture in the newspaper link). I don't recognize that rig.

Humm??
Since the current system can be encrypted..
Does anybody smell KICKBACK in this?
More shady things in Belleville with Mayor Christopher & Chief McMullan

smackdaddy

That is an older generation OpenSky radio. Stock footage for the win?

Cheers,
SD.

kevin2525

I've been listening to B.P.S. for well over 40 years. I was planning
to buy a new uniden 536HP..................That just went out the window!
I will mess them they were always good for a laugh.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to B.P.S. for well over 40 years. I was planning
to buy a new uniden 536HP..................That just went out the window!
I will mess them they were always good for a laugh.
Why did it just go out the window? I find it a kind of a useless gesture to think that you'd be completely done with scanning just because the city cops go encrypted. There's still plenty to listen to.

kevin2525

Why did it just go out the window? I find it a kind of a useless gesture to think that you'd be completely done with scanning just because the city cops go encrypted. There's still plenty to listen to.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy listening to the O.P.P. & all the local Fire Dept's. And I have my amateur radio to fall back on. It's been a long time listening to B.P.S. To me it was very entertaining. That's just how the ball bounces some times. By the way I miss your feed here, You had a good lay out.

73's:Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.