Yaesu: Yaesu FTDX 1200 to computer monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8FAS

Is there anyway you can hook the display of a yaesu ftdx 1200 to a computer monitor. I know there isnt any obvious connections. Maybe there is something out there that can make it work. Does anyone have any Ideas.

waremaster

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway you can hook the display of a yaesu ftdx 1200 to a computer monitor. I know there isnt any obvious connections. Maybe there is something out there that can make it work. Does anyone have any Ideas.

You can use Ham Radio Deluxe which will give you full control of the radio from your computer. There is still the free version 5.2 which will work with your radio. Just configure it as an FT-950.

chrissim

I think the OP is asking if there is a method of visually displaying the TFT color display to a monitor ala Icom 7000. I used to own a 1200 and I have never seen mentioned any way in which that could be done. Join the 1200 Yahoo users group. You can ask there, but I am certain you can't considering there is no video out jack.

waremaster

Premium Subscriber
I think the OP is asking if there is a method of visually displaying the TFT color display to a monitor ala Icom 7000. I used to own a 1200 and I have never seen mentioned any way in which that could be done. Join the 1200 Yahoo users group. You can ask there, but I am certain you can't considering there is no video out jack.

As the FTDX 1200 or 3000 for that matter does not have any type of video out circuitry I provided an alternative method of achieving the same result. A much more manageable display.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

Which is why some type of computer is required to interface with the radio, and display the settings. (Regardless of whether an off the shelf or a homebrew option is utilized.)

Sent via Tapatalk

chrissim

Are you referring to computer control or piping the display of the 1200 to a monitor. Two different things. If you're looking for control, there are a host of options available. I like Log4OM, which allows me to "point and click" to navigate to a DX station via the cluster. Once I've made the contact I simply click the add button through the logging program and I'm done.

Ham Radio Deluxe is something of a replacement for the physical controls of the radio in which you can control most if not all facets of the radio via the program. You can still find the free version if you search. It's bloated in my opinion.

I used to use an RS232 to USB along with Omnirig for computer control. Make sure you get the FTDI chipset.

If you're looking to extend the TFT display of your 1200 to a monitor, the capacity to do such a thing simply isn't available for that radio regardless if you make some type of gizmo as an intermediary between the radio and the monitor, there is nothing that would allow you to project the display from the radio to the monitor. Each jack and/or input on the back of the 1200 has a specific function - none of which involves video.

Status
Not open for further replies.