• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unreleased WOUXUN KG-UV9D handheld radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
Looking like it will be a nice little radio ,
No release date set yet that I know of ,

Freq.
76 – 108 Mhz (FM RX)
108 – 136 Mhz (Air Ground)
136 – 174 Mhz (FM RX/TX)
230 – 250 Mhz (FM RX)
350 – 400 Mhz (FM RX)
400 – 512 Mhz (FM RX/TX)
700 – 985 (FM RX)

43b47773cbd89a6770bcd7cd0c05ace9.jpg

73be354dfeda1557e8251578ee2af98b.jpg

WyoDuner

I'd like to see a working S-Meter and working squelch settings and some way to keep the screen backlight on for more than 20 seconds. Looks like the same form factor and screen as KG-UV8D which is fine by me.

SCPD

QRT
Is the pl dpl muting any better on these? Different phase shift but icoms are pretty good these days was wondering if they made the reverse burst any better on these models or others newer like it.

questnz

WOUXUN engineers are very busy with releasing new and better models. I am wondering it could be only matter of time when they release first Wouxun budget scanner. Definitely there is now space for another manufacturer to enter stagnated scanner market.

khaytsus

I'd like to see a working S-Meter and working squelch settings and some way to keep the screen backlight on for more than 20 seconds. Looks like the same form factor and screen as KG-UV8D which is fine by me.

I had an 8D and it's S meter, while I will not claim it was ACCURATE, did have granularity. Weaker signals were 1-2 bars, stronger went up a few, etc etc..... I would not be able to say someone was "S7". But better than some of the other binary S meters.

I liked my 8D, but had to dump it because squelch or modulation clipping issues and the fact that it wouldn't charge. Picked up another, much more expensive radio, but I think I'd be happier with this model honestly, if the problems are resolved.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Why can't they put the "ZERO" where it belongs !??!?! (Bottom dead center)
Yep. But even my Yaesu VX-7R has a similar configuration with the "0," "*" and "#" off to the right of the 1-9. I suppose it's a way to make the radio shorter, but I'd rather have the radio another 1/4 to 1/2 inch taller and the numeric keypad correct (with the *0# on the bottom).

Otherwise, this radio looks very similar to its predecessor with a few added features and perimeters.

Last edited:

brndnstffrd

While we are at it making wishlists, I've been saying for years that they should make a version with VHF lowband coverage. MTC sells a version of the older style Wouxuns with 6 meter coverage, so I don't think it would be too big of a step. Just widen the 6 meter coverage to go into the 40 mhz range and id be happy.

Another feature i wish they would add is MDC1200, although i'm not gonna cross my fingers for that one.

While i do have Motorolas to use, i do like these radios for their size and their dual(now multi)band capabilities. I will say, this 800 mhz coverage is a welcome addition and i will probably be picking one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.