How to listen to my local PD, zip code 28374

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmw138

Hello! I am relatively new to scanning, and I have a Uniden Bearcat BC75XLT. I am trying to listen to my local PD (Pinehurst NC 28374) and I found the frequency but when I manually go to that frequency I am getting nothing. I read the manual and but I may be missing something. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

mully95

Tell me what county you're in because I can't seem to find Pinehurst. Also the name of the agency you want to scan. Sometimes agencies use a trunked system in which has replaced the conventional system but the frequencies are still available in the database.

cmw138

County

The county is Moore County, North Carolina 28374. The town may also be listed as "Village of Pinehurst". The agency is the Pinehurst Police Department (or Village of Pinehurst Police). Would also be looking for the Fire Dept, same town.

Thanks!!

mully95

Ok I found it. In your area there is two systems in use. Conventional analog system using for example 453.22500 mhz Pinehurst Village Police Dispatch which that is probably what you have programmed. The other system is Project 25 Phase I named VIPER Statewide P25. If you go here: VIPER Statewide P25 Trunking System, Varies, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies and scroll down the page to Moore County you will see "Pinehurst Police Department Dispatch" listed. The police department in your area might be using the VIPER system as their primary communication.
If so you will have to upgrade to a trunking scanner in order to scan the police in your area because you're scanner will not decode digital systems.
You can go here and post some questions North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums and get more info in what to do since you might find someone that is in your area.

captclint

Mentor
Hello! I am relatively new to scanning, and I have a Uniden Bearcat BC75XLT. I am trying to listen to my local PD (Pinehurst NC 28374) and I found the frequency but when I manually go to that frequency I am getting nothing.
May depend on how long you listen. The amount of police activity in Pinehurst may low and transmissions infrequent. I would enter the sheriff and fire dispatch frequencies, and just let it scan, as long as you are sure you have the bank where you put 453.22500 turned on. The only reason I can think of for why you are not getting them when they do talk, is that you are too far to get them. Bear in mind that a portable, especially inside a home, has a limited range. Take a look here to see how close you are to the Pinehurst tower.Pinehurst PD

Status
Not open for further replies.