BCD436HP Firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Does anyone know the status of the firmware update for the 436?

baayers

Dang! When I saw the title of this thread I thought we had an update.

To the original posters question I thought I remembered another thread mentioning that we would not see an update until they first updated the 536.

Triangulum

I have it running in beta, now, for the 536. A couple of minor adjustments needed, then we'll release it. Hopefully within a week.

Posted on the 26th of March. Maybe this applies to the 436 as well (or soon after), but I don't want to put words in a person's mouth.

Gitsum

Premium Subscriber
Will the new firmware turn on the advertised "Analyze" function??
Why is this feature still disabled?

Voyager

It's not disabled. It's not finished. But it is on UPMan's list (as I recall right after the android Siren app). Does nobody read what he posts?

Here is just one quote: "RTC issues delayed release of the update for the 436. We'll issue an update in April that addresses both."

XTS3000

Will the new firmware turn on the advertised "Analyze" function??

Why is this feature still disabled?

Uniden is too busy developing new products to deliver what they promised well over a year ago for their high tier scanners. With their past history on promised delivery dates, expect the Analyze Feature NEVER. We got taken.....

I think waiting over a year after the promised date is at best fraud and at worse, theft! We all paid for this feature and never got it.

Voyager

Yea - it's not like Uniden has had anything on their plate. It's not like they waited for a year for firmware to finish the features. It's not like they've made a lot of progress since getting said firmware. It's not like they have released a plan for everyone to see now that THEY are in control of the situation for the most part.

You say my posts make no sense. Have you tried reading yours lately? EVERY ONE is trashing Uniden. You say you don't hate Uniden, but you take every chance to trash them. You criticize them for NOT delivering AND FOR delivering. You are the definition of a hater.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
And they still have not acknowledged any of my posts about the discovery mode issues or what exactly the firmware update for the rtc will actually to to scanners that don't have that issue.

Voyager

Why would you think it would do anything to them?

As for the other issues, I think they are concentrating on bigger issues right now. Still, the ack would be nice.

XTS3000

Yea - it's not like Uniden has had anything on their plate. It's not like they waited for a year for firmware to finish the features. It's not like they've made a lot of progress since getting said firmware. It's not like they have released a plan for everyone to see now that THEY are in control of the situation for the most part.

You say my posts make no sense. Have you tried reading yours lately? EVERY ONE is trashing Uniden. You say you don't hate Uniden, but you take every chance to trash them. You criticize them for NOT delivering AND FOR delivering. You are the definition of a hater.

I don't hate Uniden, I hate my 436HP!

Uniden deserves to get trashed over their rollout and support for the x36HPs.

While Uniden was *waiting* (cough) (cough) for the wifi dongle firmware, what did Uniden do? They rolled out 3 additional scanners while abandoning the 436HP! Even UPMan said on 3 separate occasions that he is *waiting* on new wifi dongle firmware. What did he do while *waiting*? I hate Uniden's 436HP because it's a pile of trash scanner that hasn't been used since the RTC failed last month. I really love spending my hard earned cash (and lots of it) just to let the scanner sit unused. I will continue to bash Uniden until they fix everything on the 436HP. I've given them over a year, which is longer than I should have because now I can't even sell this piece of trash because it's defective due to failed RTC.

If you love Uniden's x36HP's so much, how about you buy my 436HP?

UP FOR SALE: 1 broken Uniden 436HP. It's RTC has failed, there are countless firmware bugs that been there since scanner was released with no sign of being fixed this year. Also there are features advertised (on the box) that are not present, with no timetable for release.

mitbr

I think these bug fixes and feature releases and there timing is all based on the amount of money Uniden is willing to spend on them.

The Android app is presently in development, the question is was it in development when the IPhone App was or not until after that app was released.

How long does it take for a competent programmer take to produce an Android app?

The Analyze feature keeps being set back by the numerous bugs that are popping up with these devices.

If the past has any bearing on the future with these radios the analyze feature will never be released.

I take pride in myself being a patient person but even for me this is getting a little much.
Tim

Voyager

You aren't going to weasel out of it that easy. Again, you criticize them for NOT delivering AND FOR delivering. Their schedule of other products has nothing to do with the x36, and you criticize them for those products as well as the x36 series. If you don't hate the P2s and HP-2, why are you complaining about them? You keep contradicting yourself.

While Uniden was *waiting* (cough) (cough) for the wifi dongle firmware, what did Uniden do? They rolled out 3 additional scanners while abandoning the 436HP!

Yes - 3 scanners that were in development before ANY of the x36 issues were discovered. you expect them to stop their business for the x36 when they didn't have the tools to fix them.

Abandoned the x36? I've never seen any proof that they abandoned them or they would not still be working on them. Again, just more hater trash talk.

Even UPMan said on 3 separate occasions that he is *waiting* on new wifi dongle firmware.

Yep. On several occasions he received firmware, tested it, and rejected it based on non-performance. All this was in the same thread you quoted. That is not abandonment.

Even your quote immediately above shows your lack of credibility. You say "Uniden was *waiting* (cough) (cough)" like you don't believe them, then say "Even UPMan said on 3 separate occasions that he is *waiting*" - using the waiting with emphasis to prove your "point". Well, fact is you must see that they were waiting on the firmware which you have, on several occasions, said you didn't believe. Nice to see you are starting to see the truth, though.

I will continue to bash Uniden until they fix everything on the 436HP.

Yep - cause that's what haters do. But, your admission of bashing is progress. :D

Right now all my resources are going into another business venture. Otherwise, I might seriously have taken you up on that for several reasons.
Frankly, I would be more in the market for another 536 if I were in the market at all, but as I said currently pursuing other projects.

Gitsum

Premium Subscriber
Can owners of the 436 demand a full refund from Uniden for non-functioning advertised features? How would one go about that?
Maybe UPMan can provide us with a link to an RMA form for return of the scanners.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Can owners of the 436 demand a full refund from Uniden for non-functioning advertised features? How would one go about that?
Maybe UPMan can provide us with a link to an RMA form for return of the scanners.
Don't hold your breath.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Well I hate my BCD436HP so bad I just bought a new BCD536HP both meet all my needs atleast I did not PAY $425.99 plus tax $42.50 like I did for my PRO-668 only to have Radioshack drop the bottem out of the market 45 days later for less than $250.00 for a battery hungry scanner that I get 4 hours out of new fully charged batteries mind you the 668 sill has a use just not with batteries. My 436 and 536 perform flawless and out perform my PRO-197 PRO-106 PRO-668 in audio quality and range but I still do not hate Radioshack just hate the fact I spent over $200.00 more for a unsupported scanner.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber

Uniden deserves to get trashed over their rollout and support for the x36HPs.

While Uniden was *waiting* (cough) (cough) for the wifi dongle firmware, what did Uniden do? They rolled out 3 additional scanners while abandoning the 436HP! Even UPMan said on 3 separate occasions that he is *waiting* on new wifi dongle firmware. What did he do while *waiting*? I hate Uniden's 436HP because it's a pile of trash scanner that hasn't been used since the RTC failed last month. I really love spending my hard earned cash (and lots of it) just to let the scanner sit unused. I will continue to bash Uniden until they fix everything on the 436HP. I've given them over a year, which is longer than I should have because now I can't even sell this piece of trash because it's defective due to failed RTC.

UP FOR SALE: 1 broken Uniden 436HP. It's RTC has failed, there are countless firmware bugs that been there since scanner was released with no sign of being fixed this year. Also there are features advertised (on the box) that are not present, with no timetable for release.

On a serious note if you are selling the 436hp. Beside the issues, how the condition of it and how much? Also do you accept PayPal?

Status
Not open for further replies.