• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RDX series radios programming question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattguy

I have 5 Motorola RDV5100 VHF radios and cannot program my repeater settings in the radios without the correct CPS. I have a MOL account with Motorola and could not find any dealer software. I called Motorola solutions and the lady informed me that the software was only distributed to dealers. Does anyone have a part number for any dealer CPS for the RDX series that I can look up on my account. I have found CP110 CPS but I don't believe that it will work for the RDX series.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I don't think you can change the frequencies in that radio from the pre-programmed 27 ones that come from the factory. IIRC the CPS will only let you configure radio ergonomics (scan, hi/low power, etc).

Mattguy

The customer CPS that's free lets you change the preprogrammed frequencies that are in the radio. There is a Dealer or Distributor CPS that lets you enable repeater and to also enter your own frequencies. The Motorola rep did say I can send my FRN number with my call sign and they will send me a profile for my radio. I have no idea why this software would be locked down, I'm willing to pay for it.

Mattguy

One more thing, the Motorola solutions website is so confusing. I can look up software with part numbers, but try browsing the catalog half of there products are missing.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
One more thing, the Motorola solutions website is so confusing. I can look up software with part numbers, but try browsing the catalog half of there products are missing.

That's their design. That's big /\/\ for you...

SCPD

QRT
I have 5 Motorola RDV5100 VHF radios and cannot program my repeater settings in the radios without the correct CPS. I have a MOL account with Motorola and could not find any dealer software. I called Motorola solutions and the lady informed me that the software was only distributed to dealers. Does anyone have a part number for any dealer CPS for the RDX series that I can look up on my account. I have found CP110 CPS but I don't believe that it will work for the RDX series.

Umm...

Well, here's a surprise for you folks. The RDX series CPS software is FREE.

If you go here: RDV5100 Two-way Radio

...and look in the upper right corner, the software is free to download. I just grabbed it so it works fine.

You're welcome.

Here's the direct link: http://www.motorolasolutions.com/co...iness/documents/business_radio_cps_r02.01.zip

Mattguy

That is the free software that is just a basic program. It only allows you to assign business frequencies to the radio that are in the freeware software. There is a distributor version of this CPS that unlocks the ability to program your own frequencies and enable the repeater function. The only reason I know this is that I did find an XTNi distributor CPS (XTNi = RDXseries but overseas). I don't agree with stealing software that is why I have my account with Motorola solutions. But to limit that software, especially to someone who already paid for the radios and wants to pay for the software is nuts.

The reason I originally liked these radios is due to the waterproof rating they have, but they may be going on ebay in exchange for some HT1250's or CP200's.

Mattguy

That review was spot on. Very nice radios, especially the RDV5100's I have. Same size as my DTR's which are easier on my workers who will be wearing them compared to a CP200.

Hopefully Motorola will decide to put out the dealer/distributor version for buying customers. Actually when I talked to MOL support, they transferred me to a different part for business radios. I don't know if I believe her, but she said only 8 dealers have the software to program these radios for what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.