• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT UVF10 - a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0FTD

Greetings all !

I'd just like to clear up a few questions about these rigs.

(For once, it's not about formats / codecs etc, that's all sorted out).

1) Does the UVF10 have a clock ? If so does it work properly ! My Zastone is a joke. Gains 3 hours
in an hour and makes the checking of the text messages a bit of a pain when they are time important.
I can't stand crap clocks ;-)

2) I read somewhere that someone claimed the VHF rx was deaf, can anyone confirm this ?

I managed to get the software for this rig finally installed. Very odd as it would only let enter UHF
frequencies.

Yet I downloaded on this forum a set up file and as if by magic the VHF frequencies are programmable.
What the heck is all this about ?

73 de Andy G0FTD

f1rzn

Greetings all !

I'd just like to clear up a few questions about these rigs.

(For once, it's not about formats / codecs etc, that's all sorted out).

1) Does the UVF10 have a clock ? If so does it work properly ! My Zastone is a joke. Gains 3 hours
in an hour and makes the checking of the text messages a bit of a pain when they are time important.
I can't stand crap clocks ;-)

2) I read somewhere that someone claimed the VHF rx was deaf, can anyone confirm this ?

I managed to get the software for this rig finally installed. Very odd as it would only let enter UHF
frequencies.

Yet I downloaded on this forum a set up file and as if by magic the VHF frequencies are programmable.
What the heck is all this about ?

73 de Andy G0FTD

You mean TYT DM UVF10 ?

1) No, there is no clock available on the DM UVF10 unless there's a hidden feature somewhere.

2) To be honest I mostly use my DM UVF10s on UHF...but just did a test by keying up the local VHF repeater and moving around both a UVF10 and a Yaesu VX7R to see how they compare on receive.

They both had a stock antenna that comes with the DMUVF10.

I couldn't hear any significant signal difference when placed in the exact same spot.

My UVF10s are recent versions I got directly from the manufacturer in China. I know that some older versions have some issues that mines don't have.

The DMUVF10 has much less out of band signals interference than the Yaesu VX7R in general while still appearing to be as sensitive. This was a big surprise to me.

I don't have any test equipment to test them, so this is only based on my perception.

G0FTD

Excellent, thank you for the info.

The next question is...what happens in 2/3 years when the battery pack is degraded :-(

There is no guarantee that new batteries will be available, and no empty battery cases available.

I cannot see any battery sizes that could be used to refurbish the old one easily.

Essential for the ham market I think.

Vy 73 de Andy G0FTD

f1rzn

Excellent, thank you for the info.

The next question is...what happens in 2/3 years when the battery pack is degraded :-(

There is no guarantee that new batteries will be available, and no empty battery cases available.

I cannot see any battery sizes that could be used to refurbish the old one easily.

Essential for the ham market I think.

Vy 73 de Andy G0FTD

It's a good question that should be directed to TYT.

Chances are that within the next 2 or 3 years this model and batteries will still be available. Well, perhaps it's worth asking tyt what they think about it.

Having said that, spare battery packs are really cheap. They're $20 from resellers in China, so probably around $15 or less from the manufacturer. You can buy a bunch of them to extend the rig's lifespan.

And it's a $90 radio, you really can't expect as much as from a $400 yaesu/icom/kenwood rig.

However, there is a solution for powering the rig from the car, which is a good start. It can probably be adapted to use a 13V external battery :

New Car Battery Eliminator for TYT DM UVF10 Digital DPMR Dual Band Walkie Talkie UVF10-in Rechargeable Batteries from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

G0FTD

Well I have now made an account with Ali Express for the DC convertor.
Let us see if the credit card payment works ;-)

I am not so sure about keeping Li-Ion batteries for a long period. I think they still have a shelf life even
if the charge is maintained.

But there may be another solution.

Looking at the dimensions, I think it is possible to insert 2 x Baofeng UV3R NP60 type batteries into
the original battery packs (after reconstruction, but use a Dremel or similar tool to deconstruct the
original TYT battery).

Just a thought.

73 de Andy

G0FTD

FM broadcast radio ?

OK my radio arrived.

Build quality seems excellent and good audio.

VOX and Text seems to work ok.

But I cannot get the FM 88-108MHz function to work.

What is the trick here ?

73 de Andy

f1rzn

OK my radio arrived.

Build quality seems excellent and good audio.

VOX and Text seems to work ok.

But I cannot get the FM 88-108MHz function to work.

What is the trick here ?

73 de Andy

Yeah, great radio for the price !

Hit the following keys numbered in red, in order to get in the broadcast receiving mode. And do it again to exit.

49900d1427002829-tyt-dm-uvf10-bad-transceiver-fmradio-activation.jpg

G0FTD

Re: FM broadcast mode ?

I tried those two keys, but it still refuses to work.

I have enabled the FM monitor in the menu.

I have waited until the radio is in standby mode.

I then held the two keys in as described, but nothing happens.

Maybe I have a faulty unit, grrr.

73 de Andy

G0FTD

IT WORKS !!!!

Error was mine.

(I was trying to hold both keys at the same time).

Receiver is excellent on broadcast mode.

Very sensitive and good quality audio.

I wish Wouxun could get their FM B/CAST working properly. They are all junk.

Now I have a great radio for holiday mode too.

Yesssssss ;-)

Vy 73 de Andy

G0FTD

A bug ?

I have been testing this rig for a week or so and I am still impressed.

But I have one bug.

Programming of RX CTCSS via the software does not work.

TX CTCSS is ok.

Anyone else found this bug ?

73 de Andy G0FTD

G0FTD

RX CTCSS cure

I found the cause.

When entering the details of your memory channels, you need to go further into the EDIT menu.

Here you will see another window, and you need to select SQUELCH MODE = TONE.

When this is selected, it allows the split rx / tx ctcss to work.

Not normal behaviour in my opinion, but it does solve the problem.

I wound have expected the normal channel edit window parameters to be sent to the radio, but for
some odd reason the rx ctcss won't be accepted by the radio unless the above has been activated.

Weird ;-)

73 de Andy

G0FTD

Split CTCSS - more

Attached a screen shot of what I meant n my last post.

Hopefully the attachment will work.

73 de Andy

Attachments

• tyt.jpg
    tyt.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 801

G0FTD

GPS

I don't have the GPS version.

I understand that they just send coordinates using the text messaging facility on the digital mode.

73 de Andy

f1rzn

Press and hold the red key to start scanning.

To change scan range in vfo mode, go to the main menu called "VFO Mode" then "VFO Scan". It will scan plus and minus the frequency range from whererever you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.