PSR-800 and GO Transit/Metrolinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD999

Is it the psr-800 issue with phase 2 audio because no matter what I try to change on the scanner it comes all choppy? Anyone else have this issue with other scanners or does this seem to be psr or their actual system itself?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Welcome to the world of simulcast. Most scanners have a notoriously difficult time decoding simulcast systems (the new 436/536 Unidens do a somewhat better job however). All you can do is experiment with scanner placement, antennas, sacrifice a goat, etc etc to see what works I'm afraid.

VE3RADIO

Is it the psr-800 issue with phase 2 audio because no matter what I try to change on the scanner it comes all choppy? Anyone else have this issue with other scanners or does this seem to be psr or their actual system itself?

Metrolinx does not work on the PSR800.. i have tried everything,

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Ensure you have the latest DSP 1.3-1.4 I believe and 1.8/1.9 firmware.. 1.7 was beta X2. 1.9 only added edacs bug solution so either 1.8 or 1.9

The 800 does technically "work" for Metrolinx BUT the decode is often choppy for Phase 2 talk groups as mentioned.

Anybody try a Whistler WS1080 on the system? Anytime I've had one it sold so fast I couldn't test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.