DSD+.... Difficulty initiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello everyone, I have a HP Pavilion 15 with neither a dedicated mic in or line in jack, just a mic / headphone jack. My first concern is will this suffice to input the required output from my PSR 800, or do I need a mic / line in input only? My previous laptop on which I was using a HP 2000 had both a of the above jacks and worked fine using same radio, but that laptop is now bricked do to an unrelated issue.
I was also running 1.60 on that computer, not DSD+, and would access the program using the command prompt. I see that there is a DSD Plus box in the file I downloaded from zippy and when I click on it the DSD+ program (or at least the screens) open and appear to be ready to go. However when plugging in the 800 to my mic / headphone jack I get no decoded audio or scrolling screen, although the audio input display does show the appropriate movement.
Could this be because I'm not opening with the command prompt? I have followed the same command prompt input as I did with 1.60,except of course using a DSD+ entry and get as far as this " C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\DSD+> , but then upon entering a command prompt of "DSD+.exe -fp" for provoice, I get "the system cannot find the path specified". So these are the issues I am having with running the program. I hope I've made sense and not sounded hopelessly confusing. I had similar problems running dsd1.60 and posted questions on that, so at the risk of sounding redundant and perhaps not to bright I'll put this cry for assistance out there too. Thank you for taking the time to read this, best regards, John.

jfhtm350

Its kind of hard to read your post since its all one big blob. I guess mine will be similar by the time I get done typing. :lol:

I have a Vista laptop that only has a mic input. It's not one of those where it auto senses whether its a mic or a line in because it only shows microphone on mine. DSD+ runs fine on it. You should go into the settings and change the microphone or line in settings to 96000 Hz.

DSD+ 1.051 will open and should run properly if you double click DSDPlus.exe. It will decode everything it can along with its default settings. However I use batch files (or cmd) to start mine so I can customize its settings.

I have seen some DMR systems that apparently have no voice and DSD+ only shows something along the lines of "3/4 data" or some other hooha. I guess they are data channels. Maybe that is what your experiencing.

What folder is DSD+ in? it seems as though you havent typed in the right command. Maybe you need the "cd" command first.

This would be my first command to change the working directory. This is where dsdplus.exe is located.
Code:
cd "%ProgramFiles%\DSDPlus"

Then this would be my next command to start dsdplus with my own options:
Code:
dsdplus -v4 -i1M -o1M -OM -fr
This would only decode DMR.

------------------------------------

This is what one of my .bat file looks like. This is the same thing as the above but with a batch file. The REM tags are remarks that dont get read and are only there to remind me what the options are for the program so you can omit the REM lines but I figured you would want to know the options for the program.
Code:
@echo off
REM
REM ---------OTHER OPTIONS--------------------
REM DSDPlus [options]            Live scanner mode
REM DSDPlus [options] <file      Decode from .wav file
REM DSDPlus -h                   Show help
REM Info below in the [] is the default value
REM
REM ---------DISPLAY/LOGGING OPTIONS--------------------
REM --          Don't show command line options in window title
REM >file       Create log file
REM >>file      Append to log file
REM -t          Time stamp log file entries
REM -T          Time stamp log file entries and on screen data
REM -v<num>     Frame information verbosity (0-4) [-v2] (-v0 Minimal Output -v3 Maximum Data Logging)
REM -wsl<v>.<h> Source audio waveform window location [10.10]
REM -wss<h>.<w> Source audio waveform window size (min 50.200; 0 blocks) [200.300]
REM -wsp<num>   Source audio waveform window update period (10-1000) [100]
REM -wel<v>.<h> Event log window location [50.50]
REM -wes<h>.<w> Event log window size (min ?) [400.500]
REM -weh<num>   Event log window font height [15]
REM -wcl<v>.<h> Channel window location [90.90]
REM -wch<num>   Channel window font height [15]
REM
REM ---------INPUT/OUTPUT OPTIONS--------------------
REM -i<spec>    Input audio device (1-255) and channel (M/L/R) [-i1M]
REM -g<num>     Output audio gain (0.001-999; 0=auto) [-g0]
REM -o<spec>    Output audio device (1-255; 0=none) and channel (M/L/R) [-o1] (in/out channels are optional; default=in:mono, out:mode based - Use -o0 to disable output audio)
REM -Och <file> Output audio file channel count and name/type [-O DSDPlus.wav] (ch: M=mono,S=stereo,blank=auto; file: .wav or .mp3 (NUL=none) - Use -O NUL to disable recording of synthesized audio)
REM -I<num>     Create new .wav/.mp3 file every <num> minutes (1440=daily) [-I0]
REM -M<num>     MP3 ABR kbps per channel (8-32) [-M15]
REM
REM ---------DECODER OPTIONS (Setting the protocol can provide slightly better decoding results)--------------------
REM -P          Invert signal polarity (may be required for X2-TDMA and dPMR)
REM -mp         Optimize for PSK modulation (will not decode non-PSK)
REM -fa         Auto-detect all protocols / frame types [-fa] - Polarity of signals is auto-detected
REM -fd         Decode only D-STAR (no audio)
REM -fn         Decode only NXDN4800 (Kenwood NEXEDGE and Icom IDAS)
REM -fN         Decode only NXDN9600 (Kenwood NEXEDGE)
REM -fr         Decode only DMR/MotoTRBO (TDMA inputs + both output slots)
REM -f1         Decode only P25 Phase 1
REM -fx         Decode only X2-TDMA
REM -fp         Decode only ProVoice
REM -fm         Enable dPMR decoding (no audio)
REM -1 -2       Use one of these to control which DMR voice slot is decoded and synthesized
REM -u<num>     Unvoiced speech quality (1-64) [-u3] - Lower values (slightly) reduce CPU load
REM
REM ---------ADVANCED DECODER OPTIONS--------------------
REM -dr<num>    Rolloff filter (1-11; 0=auto) [-dr0]
REM -dh<num>    Hotspot size (1-8; 0=auto) [-dh0]
REM -ds<num>    Scaling factor (50-80; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-ds64]
REM -dd<num>    Damping level (1-100; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dd10]
REM -dv<num>    Viewport size (1-30; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dv20]
REM
REM ---------ACTIVE KEYS--------------------
REM ?           Display active keys list in event log window
REM 1           Synthesize audio for first DMR timeslot
REM 2           Synthesize audio for second DMR timeslot
REM 3           Synthesize audio for both DMR timeslots
REM -           Toggle command line options display
REM |           Toggle symbol phase display
REM P           Toggle signal polarity
REM R           Start/stop recording of raw input audio to .wav file. Use 'R' to make 60 second source recordings of tuning data.
REM F           Backfill source audio display
REM S           Close/reopen source audio waveform display
REM Spacebar    Pause/unpause source audio waveform display
REM Esc         Terminate real time decoding
REM
REM
dsdplus -v4 -wel10.900 -wes830.535 -wsl430.580 -wcl670.593 -i1M -o1M -OM RecordedAudio.wav -fr
exit

joeuser

The Wretched
Hello everyone, I have a HP Pavilion 15 with neither a dedicated mic in or line in jack, just a mic / headphone jack. My first concern is will this suffice to input the required output from my PSR 800, or do I need a mic / line in input only? My previous laptop on which I was using a HP 2000 had both a of the above jacks and worked fine using same radio, but that laptop is now bricked do to an unrelated issue.
I was also running 1.60 on that computer, not DSD+, and would access the program using the command prompt. I see that there is a DSD Plus box in the file I downloaded from zippy and when I click on it the DSD+ program (or at least the screens) open and appear to be ready to go. However when plugging in the 800 to my mic / headphone jack I get no decoded audio or scrolling screen, although the audio input display does show the appropriate movement.
Could this be because I'm not opening with the command prompt? I have followed the same command prompt input as I did with 1.60,except of course using a DSD+ entry and get as far as this " C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\DSD+> , but then upon entering a command prompt of "DSD+.exe -fp" for provoice, I get "the system cannot find the path specified". So these are the issues I am having with running the program. I hope I've made sense and not sounded hopelessly confusing. I had similar problems running dsd1.60 and posted questions on that, so at the risk of sounding redundant and perhaps not to bright I'll put this cry for assistance out there too. Thank you for taking the time to read this, best regards, John.

If you are in the DSD+ directory (folder) just type in ' dsdplus ' without the quotes. Don't worry about switches DSDplus will take care of business!

tampatracker

Its kind of hard to read your post since its all one big blob. I guess mine will be similar by the time I get done typing. :lol:

I have a Vista laptop that only has a mic input. It's not one of those where it auto senses whether its a mic or a line in because it only shows microphone on mine. DSD+ runs fine on it. You should go into the settings and change the microphone or line in settings to 96000 Hz.

DSD+ 1.051 will open and should run properly if you double click DSDPlus.exe. It will decode everything it can along with its default settings. However I use batch files (or cmd) to start mine so I can customize its settings.

I have seen some DMR systems that apparently have no voice and DSD+ only shows something along the lines of "3/4 data" or some other hooha. I guess they are data channels. Maybe that is what your experiencing.

What folder is DSD+ in? it seems as though you havent typed in the right command. Maybe you need the "cd" command first.

This would be my first command to change the working directory. This is where dsdplus.exe is located.
Code:

Then this would be my next command to start dsdplus with my own options:
Code:
dsdplus -v4 -i1M -o1M -OM -fr
This would only decode DMR.

------------------------------------

This is what one of my .bat file looks like. This is the same thing as the above but with a batch file. The REM tags are remarks that dont get read and are only there to remind me what the options are for the program so you can omit the REM lines but I figured you would want to know the options for the program.
Code:
@echo off
REM
REM ---------OTHER OPTIONS--------------------
REM DSDPlus [options]            Live scanner mode
REM DSDPlus [options] <file      Decode from .wav file
REM DSDPlus -h                   Show help
REM Info below in the [] is the default value
REM
REM ---------DISPLAY/LOGGING OPTIONS--------------------
REM --          Don't show command line options in window title
REM >file       Create log file
REM >>file      Append to log file
REM -t          Time stamp log file entries
REM -T          Time stamp log file entries and on screen data
REM -v<num>     Frame information verbosity (0-4) [-v2] (-v0 Minimal Output -v3 Maximum Data Logging)
REM -wsl<v>.<h> Source audio waveform window location [10.10]
REM -wss<h>.<w> Source audio waveform window size (min 50.200; 0 blocks) [200.300]
REM -wsp<num>   Source audio waveform window update period (10-1000) [100]
REM -wel<v>.<h> Event log window location [50.50]
REM -wes<h>.<w> Event log window size (min ?) [400.500]
REM -weh<num>   Event log window font height [15]
REM -wcl<v>.<h> Channel window location [90.90]
REM -wch<num>   Channel window font height [15]
REM
REM ---------INPUT/OUTPUT OPTIONS--------------------
REM -i<spec>    Input audio device (1-255) and channel (M/L/R) [-i1M]
REM -g<num>     Output audio gain (0.001-999; 0=auto) [-g0]
REM -o<spec>    Output audio device (1-255; 0=none) and channel (M/L/R) [-o1] (in/out channels are optional; default=in:mono, out:mode based - Use -o0 to disable output audio)
REM -Och <file> Output audio file channel count and name/type [-O DSDPlus.wav] (ch: M=mono,S=stereo,blank=auto; file: .wav or .mp3 (NUL=none) - Use -O NUL to disable recording of synthesized audio)
REM -I<num>     Create new .wav/.mp3 file every <num> minutes (1440=daily) [-I0]
REM -M<num>     MP3 ABR kbps per channel (8-32) [-M15]
REM
REM ---------DECODER OPTIONS (Setting the protocol can provide slightly better decoding results)--------------------
REM -P          Invert signal polarity (may be required for X2-TDMA and dPMR)
REM -mp         Optimize for PSK modulation (will not decode non-PSK)
REM -fa         Auto-detect all protocols / frame types [-fa] - Polarity of signals is auto-detected
REM -fd         Decode only D-STAR (no audio)
REM -fn         Decode only NXDN4800 (Kenwood NEXEDGE and Icom IDAS)
REM -fN         Decode only NXDN9600 (Kenwood NEXEDGE)
REM -fr         Decode only DMR/MotoTRBO (TDMA inputs + both output slots)
REM -f1         Decode only P25 Phase 1
REM -fx         Decode only X2-TDMA
REM -fp         Decode only ProVoice
REM -fm         Enable dPMR decoding (no audio)
REM -1 -2       Use one of these to control which DMR voice slot is decoded and synthesized
REM -u<num>     Unvoiced speech quality (1-64) [-u3] - Lower values (slightly) reduce CPU load
REM
REM ---------ADVANCED DECODER OPTIONS--------------------
REM -dr<num>    Rolloff filter (1-11; 0=auto) [-dr0]
REM -dh<num>    Hotspot size (1-8; 0=auto) [-dh0]
REM -ds<num>    Scaling factor (50-80; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-ds64]
REM -dd<num>    Damping level (1-100; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dd10]
REM -dv<num>    Viewport size (1-30; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dv20]
REM
REM ---------ACTIVE KEYS--------------------
REM ?           Display active keys list in event log window
REM 1           Synthesize audio for first DMR timeslot
REM 2           Synthesize audio for second DMR timeslot
REM 3           Synthesize audio for both DMR timeslots
REM -           Toggle command line options display
REM |           Toggle symbol phase display
REM P           Toggle signal polarity
REM R           Start/stop recording of raw input audio to .wav file. Use 'R' to make 60 second source recordings of tuning data.
REM F           Backfill source audio display
REM S           Close/reopen source audio waveform display
REM Spacebar    Pause/unpause source audio waveform display
REM Esc         Terminate real time decoding
REM
REM
dsdplus -v4 -wel10.900 -wes830.535 -wsl430.580 -wcl670.593 -i1M -o1M -OM RecordedAudio.wav -fr
exit

Thanks for the replys, I'm now able to open from command prompt for the advanced settings. Alas, my HP 15 has neither a separate mic in or line in jack, just this mic/headphone single jack. I will consult with HP tech support and geek squad from BB where I purchased computer, since it seems like a mic settings issue since I cannot find mic in baud settings for instance (I am not a computer whiz) DSD+ is in a file on desktop desktop.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have a " clean" download of the DSD+ software link that they can download. Either by file or website link. I know their regular website was plagued with viruses and adware?

georgew0819

Line in problems

I'm having some line in audio trouble on my lap top I have to hash out first. Computer doesn't recognize any line in products

I may be wrong but the HP 15 has a 4 pin connector in the mic/line jack which would require an adapter for a mono or stereo 3.5 mm jack. This is from the HP support page

" Connects optional powered stereo speakers, headphones,
earbuds, a headset, or a television audio cable. Also
connects an optional headset microphone. This jack does
not support optional microphone-only devices.

WARNING! To reduce the risk of personal injury, adjust
the volume before putting on headphones, earbuds, or a
headset. For additional safety information, refer to the
Regulatory, Safety, and Environmental Notices. To access
this guide, from the Start screen, type support, select the
HP Support Assistant app, select My computer, and then
select User guides.

NOTE: When a device is connected to the jack, the
computer speakers are disabled.

NOTE: Be sure that the device cable has a 4-conductor
connector that supports both audio-out (headphone) and
audio-in (microphone)."

So it looks like in order to get the jack to work properly an adapter such as MyCableMart.com may be required. Hope this helps.

tampatracker

Have you considered using a USB sound card? This one works well:
External USB Sound Card | Sound Cards & Adapters | StarTech.com

Thank for this info, do you think it will work well for this intended purpose though? It looks like it might be the way to go (at least my next best option) since I've been getting the royal runaround from HP customer service, as they say they can properly "configure" computer remotely for $99.00. Yeah right, don't ask my opinion of them, that would get real ugly real fast. I will be going over to BB later and if they have a solution to the issue I posted way back when I'll of course post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.