BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Sound issues Back Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I have had my 996xt for about 3 years. I have the extension speaker port hooked up to a external speaker and the record port hooked up to my computer to host a feed. The other day I realized that not only was there sound coming out of my external speaker but the scanners internal speakers were also transmitting. I turned the unit off and back on and unplugged the speaker and back in to no avail. So instead I plugged the external speaker into the front jack and the volume is so much lower then it was when plugged into the rear jack and the internal speakers are no longer transmitting. Now I have a another issue I noticed today. The line out jack that is going to my computer sounds like it is messed up. Every time there is a transmission it sounds like it is distorted which never used to happen. The sound is not replicated on my external speaker. So i am starting to think that both of the rear jacks are blown out or are having some sort of issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Voyager

For the original issue, could you have disabled the RECORDING function? If so, the sound will not be routed to the LINE OUT.

The earphone jack puts out much less audio than the external speaker jack by design - it's not an alternate external speaker jack.

Your 8 ohm speaker may be loading down the 32 ohm front jack causing the distortion.

Coolant113

I need the line out / record output to function due to it routing the audio to my computer for the online feed. Now i see what you mean about the different ohms of the speaker jacks, considerable difference between the front and back. Both issues are still occurring.

Voyager

I need the line out / record output to function due to it routing the audio to my computer for the online feed.

I know - hence my question if you disabled it. That would result in no audio to the LINE OUT jack.

Coolant113

Understood now, sorry for the confusion there. No I have not disabled the recording function. Today the internal speakers have been on and off, for the most part the audio is just coming thru the external speaker. Im thinking this has to be a issue with the control board inside the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.