BCD436HP on Charlottesville 800 sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else have the BCD436HP in the Charlottesville area and is monitoring the 800 system?

I'm having heck of a time with choppy audio on all talkgroups. I have the squelch set to '2'; Regardless of whether I'm using the stock uniden antenna or a bnc antenna with the adapter, I still get choppy audio. Sounds like "ee, ott, oot, oop" at various times during the transmission.

For what it's worth, I can get the Virginia STARS P25 Phase 1 system no problem great audio.

I have heard and it's confirmed that the GRE PSR-500 that is listening to the same systems has much better receiver sensitivity and audio than the BCD436HP. I'm just trying to get the 436HP to work well! Too much to ask?! Thanks as always for any help.

joeuser

The Wretched
Does anyone else have the BCD436HP in the Charlottesville area and is monitoring the 800 system?

I'm having heck of a time with choppy audio on all talkgroups. I have the squelch set to '2'; Regardless of whether I'm using the stock uniden antenna or a bnc antenna with the adapter, I still get choppy audio. Sounds like "ee, ott, oot, oop" at various times during the transmission.

For what it's worth, I can get the Virginia STARS P25 Phase 1 system no problem great audio.

I have heard and it's confirmed that the GRE PSR-500 that is listening to the same systems has much better receiver sensitivity and audio than the BCD436HP. I'm just trying to get the 436HP to work well! Too much to ask?! Thanks as always for any help.

That has to be some setting on the 436HP that you'll have to tweek. I can't tell you more than that since I have never had to mess with mine.

dtscho

Database Admin
Try changing the modulation from NFM to FM. Some people have said this improves things with Motorola P16 systems on the 436/536.

Dave

gspivey

You might also look at the manual and try changing the p25 threshold mode and level. That helped me some on my system, but the error rates are still too high for me.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
You probably a victim of Simulcast distortion. Depending on your location it could be better or worse. Its not a true p25 system yet. Set up your scanner for motorola type II control channel with digital audio if that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.