1974 Scanner reference for MOVIE PROP

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt02

Hi,

I am the propmaster on a film that takes place in 1974. There is a scene where a character gets a police scanner. I was wondering when you acquired a scanner around this time (I currently have a Regency of the right time period) did they come in packaging / a box? Does anyone have a photo of what the 1974 regency scanner box would look like, how it was packaged, etc? We see the character opening it up in the scene.

I was also wondering, is it likely at all a police station would have a scanner or was it strictly for hobbyists? What sort of police radio transmitters would a chief of police have in his office?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
Matt

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I was also wondering, is it likely at all a police station would have a scanner or was it strictly for hobbyists?

It wasn't uncommon for a police station to have one or more scanners to listen to adjacent city police and fire departments, or even their own.

What sort of police radio transmitters would a chief of police have in his office?

An early 70's vintage desk top base station would look like this:

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 611

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
We had an Electra Bearcat IV A quick Google search will find images, and info.

parnass

AJ9S
Hi,

I am the propmaster on a film that takes place in 1974. There is a scene where a character gets a police scanner. I was wondering when you acquired a scanner around this time (I currently have a Regency of the right time period) did they come in packaging / a box? ....

My Regency scanner came in a white cardboard box with black lettering on the outside. The box bore the Regency name in its usual font of that time. The scanner was held inside the box with a couple of pieces of formed cardboard packing.

I no longer have that box or radio.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at emegency tv show .at rampart they had a scanner in there base station.they started to use this prop in the 3rd season.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
My Regency scanner came in a white cardboard box with black lettering on the outside. The box bore the Regency name in its usual font of that time. The scanner was held inside the box with a couple of pieces of formed cardboard packing.

I no longer have that box or radio.

My dad was a Regency dealer, and this description fits the boxes I remember. The crown logo would appear along with the stylized Regency.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.