CHP 400Mhz P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney250

Has anyone heard radio traffic on these new channels? I currently have the old State Police (UHF) programmed in my scanner and hear stuff once in awhile. I'm thinking if I leave the modulation set to "auto" and audio option to "search" (as I have the 700 Mhz frequencies set), I should pick up P25 traffic on the 400 Mhz as well?

kma371

QRT
Has anyone heard radio traffic on these new channels? I currently have the old State Police (UHF) programmed in my scanner and hear stuff once in awhile. I'm thinking if I leave the modulation set to "auto" and audio option to "search" (as I have the 700 Mhz frequencies set), I should pick up P25 traffic on the 400 Mhz as well?

They are not active yet but planned for future use.

scottyhetzel

I had my 996xt on auto and was missing the blm law p25 freq. I set it to digital only and the channel came alive. Not sure why auto did not work. I would add these as digital only, if you have a late model uniden.

w9xxx

Premium Subscriber
Inland empire and border are both putting out bolos on the p25 channels. The one on Sacramento mountain is apparently stuck on. It transmits for about 12 minutes then shuts off for several. I can hear it from Mojave ca to southern utah.

kma371

QRT
Inland empire and border are both putting out bolos on the p25 channels. The one on Sacramento mountain is apparently stuck on. It transmits for about 12 minutes then shuts off for several. I can hear it from Mojave ca to southern utah.

Are the analog pairs still in use? Maybe I can remove them If they aren't.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
Interesting. I monitor 460.375 and 460.450 daily from the metro area of Inland Division. I haven't logged a single digital transmission, but I continue to receive analog transmissions.

w9xxx

Premium Subscriber
I hear it Every time I'm there. It's only the bolos and it's exactly what is going over the low band with about 1/2 a second delay. My 15x picks up the low band and my 536 picks up the uhf and it sounds like an echo. I don't hear The Sacramento mountain in the metro area but if you go up into the high desert you have to Lock it out. I do hear the uhf analog often, but it seems to be mostly the system ID in CW. Everything I'm listening to down there is downloaded straight from the base. (Except for changing SB county talk groups around so I can hear the sheriff countywide, I haven't messed with the Inland area at all.)

w9xxx

Premium Subscriber
I should clarify. What I'm calling Sacramento mountain is using a CW callsign ending in 903. when I googled it the only call coming up with a 903 was a relay listed as Sacramento mountain by this database. (I'm assuming its the sacramento mountain thats kinda east southeast of Barstow.)

kma371

QRT
Uhf1 for Border division only transmits from Indio CHP Office, Cuyamaca Peak, Capistrano and Temecula to my knowledge.

Uhf2 for Border division only transmits from Santa Ana, Cuyamaca and UC San Diego.

i don't see any that transmit from Sacramento Mountain. Check the wiki for a list of transmitter locations.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Uhf1 for Border division only transmits from Indio CHP Office, Cuyamaca Peak, Capistrano and Temecula to my knowledge.

Uhf2 for Border division only transmits from Santa Ana, Cuyamaca and UC San Diego.

i don't see any that transmit from Sacramento Mountain. Check the wiki for a list of transmitter locations.

UHF1 is licensed at Cuyamaca Peak, Border Comm Center and the three Area Offices (El Cajon, Oceanside and San Diego).

UHF2 is licensed at Cuyamaca Peak and UCSD Medical Center (Hillcrest).

kma371

QRT
Well some of that is what I said already.

The wiki has the ones that are actually used, though other sites may be licensed.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Both UHF-1 and UHF-2 remain analog in LA Basin.

Have not hear a peep of P25 transmissions.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Talked with the State Radio Tech about these UHF channels. The plan is in place, but no idea when or if the P25 equipment will ever be purchased. The DMV and CHP investigators in our area are still using MT2000 radios, and just got word that they might be getting either a Harris XG-100P or APX7000 sometime this year or next. So, analog it is for now...

Ruperto

I've received about 5 transmissions within the last 2 weeks...I'm monitoring Inland Division Wide and Inland Comm Center.

The transmissions were so short that I had a hard time making them out...

w9xxx

Premium Subscriber
If you have a 536 set to auto you won"t get many if any p25 transmissions. you have to set to digital to get them. I've set my 15x to analog on uhf1 and 2 and my 536 to digital. CHP is transmitting some on p25. There's apparently UHF sites that aren't listed in the lists in other posts in this thread as I can sit in Primm Nevada and listen to both sides of conversations that's going over the "Arrowhead" site. I just noticed this a couple days ago. I think it just started because I pass thru there often and never noticed it before.

Ruperto

Heard a BOLO yesterday for a white truck traveling in excess of 100 mph, eastbound on the 10-Fwy in Ontario.

The transmission was about 10 seconds in total, came in clear on P25. There was also a response by a unit of which I didn't catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.