DNR repeater output PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Premium Subscriber
I've been noticing an output PL of 136.5 on the DNR Blue repeaters in my area (Tomah/Black River Falls). Anyone know if the DNR repeaters now have PLs on the output or is this just unique to my area?

Pat

sfd119

I assumed all of the DNR repeaters had outputs. The Cumberland, Brule, and Park Falls Dispatch Groups have always had PLs on their outputs for as long as I can remember.

Pat

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I knew they had varied PLs on the input but I was always under the impression that the repeater outputs aside from Brown were CSQ. I guess I hadn't looked at the list on here for awhile and I see that the majority of the repeaters now have an output PL of 146.2 listed. From my monitoring it appears that the two Blue repeaters in my area (Bravo and Charlie) have 136.5 on their outputs.

Thanks

geotornadic

Premium Subscriber
The input tone list is also not complete as there is now an India tone, and I believe I've heard Hotel before, too.

I believe it would be a lot easier to follow if the repeaters could be split up into groups by Dispatch Area.

Agreed. Where is Blue repeater that uses an India tone?

Blue Delta should be Red Cliff. Blue Alpha should be Upson. This is the first time I'm hearing Blue India.

box23

I'm not sure exactly. It is somewhere on the East side. Both Mellen and Washburn units use it.

I haven't heard the Upson Alpha being used this season so it is a possibility that it was changed to the India tone. However, I am leaning towards a new Mellen repeater due to unit locations and which repeater is used, and my knowledge of signal strength and coverage from various sites.

In the interests of cleaning up the database page the following is a list of licensed repeater locations and known (to me) active repeaters, output tones, and designators for the Brule Area BLUE dispatch channel.

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]
[U]Site[/U]          [U]Active[/U]     [U]Designator[/U]     [U]Output Tone[/U]
Pattison        Y           ALPHA
Bennett         Y          CHARLIE        103.5
Iron River      Y           BRAVO         103.5
Red Cliff       Y           DELTA
Mellen
Mercer
Butternut
Upson           ?
[/FONT]

This list doesn't include repeater locations just outside the Brule Area that may have an active repeater to provide coverage. For instance Mercer may use a Blue repeater at one of the sites in Oneida or Vilas Counties.

To add to the list there is a WHITE GOLF repeater on Bennett. I believe the output tone was also GOLF (67.0).

prowisscan

Just to add; here in the Milwaukee area, I will occasionally receive 151.145 (DNR Green) with an output PL of 118.8. When this occurs, there is no voice traffic from the repeater, just long and short dead keys. Judging from the signal strength and my location, it may be from the Bong or Eagle repeater.

geotornadic

Premium Subscriber
Another small wildfire near Mason brought the truck from Mellen that was on Delta India. The repeater input was a little weak, I was farther away and the repeater output was strong, but I think I saw an input tone of 141.3.

With higher winds forecast on Sunday, I'll be monitoring again.

box23

Updated table with some recent findings.

I almost certain India is on Mellen, and it does have the same output tone. The East side Alpha is still up on Upson/Saxon. However I was not able to verify if it is now transmitting a tone as a couple years ago it was not. Geotornadic, are you able to help confirm this?

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]
[U]Site[/U]          [U]Active[/U]     [U]Designator[/U]     [U]Output Tone[/U]
Pattison        Y           ALPHA
Bennett         Y          CHARLIE        103.5
Iron River      Y           BRAVO         103.5
Red Cliff       Y           DELTA         103.5
Mellen          Y           INDIA         103.5
Mercer
Butternut
Upson           ?           ALPHA
[/FONT]

geotornadic

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anyone say they're transmitting on Blue Alpha in my area; I only hear Delta, India, and occasionally Bravo mentioned. All output tones are 103.5.

I have made note of the input tones I've been hearing:

141.3 - fairly certain this is India
136.5 - Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.