BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Firmware Update 1.04.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Before this gets out of hand, a gentle reminder that this thread is for discussing the 996P2 firmware update only.

If you feel the need to voice your displeasure over the lack of updates for other Uniden scanners, please start a new thread in the Tavern or post to one of the already existing threads.

Thanks.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
firmware announcements should have or be a sticky?Too hard to find down in a thread?

QUOTE=MikeOxlong;2367579]Before this gets out of hand, a gentle reminder that this thread is for discussing the 996P2 firmware update only.

If you feel the need to voice your displeasure over the lack of updates for other Uniden scanners, please start a new thread in the Tavern or post to one of the already existing threads.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting a POP noise (similar to the Bandscan) when scroll through/ID SCAN on channels on a P2 system... its *RANDOM* on some P2 communications. Just a pop at the start of the transmission. On Both PT0 & PT1

I can be scrolling through and not get it on a active talkgroups then i use the knob to scroll ahead and when it comes back around I get the pop on that same talkgroups/same transmission

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4579

I know this wasnt part of the latest firmware just a FYI.. whatever you did to the BandScope maybe needs to be done to other P2 systems.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Please forgive my lack of experience of the matter, but I've downloaded the firmware updates to my computer. I've updated the drivers on my new BCD996P2. Yet when I connect the radio to the computer via the USB it still won't recognize it. So how do I perform the upgrade to my scanner?
Oh and second question, will this firmware update fix a problem with not tracking Phase 2 transmissions properly? My new 996P2 has been missing some transmissions and it seems to be going to an oddball voice channel that does not exist. Just wondered.

Triangulum

Does the scanner show up in Device Manager (not the file explorer)? And if it does, do you see a symbol with exclamation mark?

I had a problem initially with drivers not being installed on the computer when connecting the 536 in serial mode. The drivers were downloaded and unzipped properly, but they didn't automatically install once opening the file. I had to manually direct it to install through Device Manager.

This may not even be relevant in your scenario since your issue is straight up USB recognition, but its just food for thought until others can help troubleshoot.

Please forgive my lack of experience of the matter, but I've downloaded the firmware updates to my computer. I've updated the drivers on my new BCD996P2. Yet when I connect the radio to the computer via the USB it still won't recognize it. So how do I perform the upgrade to my scanner?
Oh and second question, will this firmware update fix a problem with not tracking Phase 2 transmissions properly? My new 996P2 has been missing some transmissions and it seems to be going to an oddball voice channel that does not exist. Just wondered.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yes Triangulum, the scanner does show up under devices, the exclamation point is now gone since I have installed the drivers. I have successfully uploaded configurations from scanner to computer and downloaded new ones back to the scanner using trial demo software from ArcXT.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Ok I downloaded the firmware upgrade setup again and was finally able to download the upgrade to my scanner. I was still having problems scanning Phase 2. I had multiple systems with the same site name (I confused myself big time when I did this on ArcXT) and it turns out that two of the 3 systems and sites with identical names were not setup right. One was ok. I think I may be good now. Still unclear as to if the firmware upgrade made a difference in the radio's ability to track phase 2. It seems the system I programmed by hand is the good one.

FlashP

Anyone have a copy of the firmware file itself, for those of us who don't have an Internet connection in our vehicles?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Ok I downloaded the firmware upgrade setup again and was finally able to download the upgrade to my scanner. I was still having problems scanning Phase 2. I had multiple systems with the same site name (I confused myself big time when I did this on ArcXT) and it turns out that two of the 3 systems and sites with identical names were not setup right. One was ok. I think I may be good now. Still unclear as to if the firmware upgrade made a difference in the radio's ability to track phase 2. It seems the system I programmed by hand is the good one.

ARC XT build 2 version 2 did have an IMPORT issue but he fixed in with build 4

zaninja

Premium Subscriber
The page referenced by the link in post #16 has some release notes and a link to the updater and remote commands but nothing to indicate where to download the firmware itself.

If somebody could post the link to download the firmware that would be helpful.

Edit: Disregard, apparently the firmware is part of the updater... d'oh.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Read the page :)

All firmware updates are applied using BC_VUP3. Download BC_VUP3 Firmware Updater for DMA Scanners, unzip the file, then run the installer to install this utility. Then, run the utility and follow the on-screen prompts to select the scanner model and firmware version to apply.

The page referenced by the link in post #16 has some release notes and a link to the updater and remote commands but nothing to indicate where to download the firmware itself.

If somebody could post the link to download the firmware that would be helpful.

Edit: Disregard, apparently the firmware is part of the updater... d'oh.

captncarp

This is why I don't like Uniden. Over the years I have updated a dozen or more GRE and Radio Shack radio's. No problem. Have never been able to do a Uniden. I'm a radio person not a computer person.
All my Uniden's stay with the version they came with, so I guess my next radio will be a Whistler.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
This is why I don't like Uniden. Over the years I have updated a dozen or more GRE and Radio Shack radio's. No problem. Have never been able to do a Uniden. I'm a radio person not a computer person.
All my Uniden's stay with the version they came with, so I guess my next radio will be a Whistler.

If you read and follow the instructions on this page,

BCD996P2FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

The update is an easy and very simple process, just takes a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.