Old and New MARCS for PRO-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanner Ohio MARCS.... I have both systems in the scanner now, do I need to make custom tables in for either system? I have them set up as two separate systems already.

Thanks
Matt

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Also forgot to mention, I am programming this from the scanner itself not in the software. I have a Linux PC and that software doesn't play well with Ubuntu, HA HA.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
MARCS is a Motorola Type II system which has rebanded and requires the custom table. (This systems is due to be unplugged in the next month or so).

MARCS-IP is a P25 system which does not require a band plan.

Last edited:

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Do you know what the custom table is? The old MARCS system in our area is still being used.

SCPD

QRT
Re: Rebanding

I need a clarification and maybe others will benefit also, ONLY if the control channel you are monitoring is in THAT specific freq only those will need a rebanding? Clark was 868.???? and dropped down 15 Mhz to 853. range. So basically only if a cc is in that range will you need to reband a scanner, Correct!!??

budevans

Old MARCS two steps, new MARCS-IP one step

MARCS (old Moto Type II system):
1.You need to update the CC's (remove the old 86X, add the new 85X)
2. You also need to add/set the rebanding tables in your scanner.

MARCS-IP (new Project 25 system)
1. For 800 Mhz sites you only need to update the CC's (remove the old 86X, add the new 85X) . Project 25 systems can include the rebanded channel information within the CC data. Marcs has implemented that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.