P25 Phase II and P25 X-2 TDMA & Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysand

I am trying to figure out what is what with the P25 Phase II and P25 X-2 TDMA with Sentinel software.

A while back, I was told that the Houston Police were on P-25 and I can hear them on there Simulcast on my Pro-106 and my PSR-500.
I was told that the Simulcast was set up for wreckers and some other agencies.
I was also told that If I wanted to listen to almost all of the transmissions, I would need the BCD-436HP scanner, which has the Phase II and P25 X-2 TDMA system.
Is all of this true?
Now I have the BCD-436HP along with the Sentinel software.

The BCD-436HP Manual tells how to add the P25 Phase II and P25 X-2 TDMA system to the scanner.
But I could not find anything in Sentinel on how to add the P25 Phase II and P25 X-2 TDMA. system.
I have used just the P-25 system and was able to receive transmissions other than the Simulcast.
I know how to work almost everything in the BCD-436HP.

But can somebody explain to me how to add the P25 Phase II and P25 X-2 TDMA system using the Sentinel software?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
You shoudnt have to enter anything to do with Phase 2... the system is already in RR as Phase 2 so all you need to do is scan the system, or add it to your favorites

*note* a few/lot of talkgroups are encrpyted for Houston Police and can not be heard.

Ensure your database is UP TO DATE in sentinel & be sure to send that to the scanner.

When you go in the main menu and enter your zip code does it scan all the systems in your area?
You can hold on the system you want... should be the easiest way.

Second option
All systems in north america will be on the left side.. yours under USA-Texas-Harris
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 (this is different from the one that ends in Motorola - that your probably scanning)
You can ADD that system to your favorites...then go in the scanner and turn on the favorite

I believe X2-TDMA is different from Phase II TDMA.
X2-TDMA is Motorola's flavor of TDMA, a precursor to the final Phase II TDMA standard

daysand

I Thank both of you torontokris and drdispatch very much for giving me some help with my BCD 436HP.

This BCD-436 is a Very Different type of radio, compared to The PSR-500 and the Pro-106.

I have already been listening to the Simulcast with both the PSR-500 and the Pro-106.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
TorontoKris is correct. X2 was the Motorola implementation prior to the "final" standards for true Phase 2.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Can both the 436 and 325 receive the Phase 2? I noticed on Bearcat Warehouse's website for the BCD325P it says:

"P25 APCO 25 Phase I & II, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked systems"

For the 436 it says: (Analog, Motorola, EDACS, LTR Trunking, APCO 25 Phase 1 and X2-TDMA Phase ll Digital)

Is the difference in terminology important here? Do both radios have the same capability for Phase 2?

Voyager

Both the 436 and 325 can decode P25 Phase II as well as Phase I and Motorola X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.