CASS CO on MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagosti

I have heard that Cass co went from VHF NXDN to the
800 MHz Michigan system anybody have any Talk groups?

It seems like the only MPSCS tower is in Jones.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
Cass county will be migrating to the MPSCS in the next few months for police dispatch.

They will be adding a new RF site at the sheriff's department, as well as new consoles.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
Joshua,

I work for the shop that is working with Motorola to install the site. Although we just found out yesterday that the tower at the Sheriff's department failed its structural analysis so the project is on hold for awhile until they figure out a workaround plan.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
The Cassopolis tower is nowhere near up and running. They are still trying to figure out what to do about a tower.

When you say you have a CC, do you mean that you have actually picked this up on a scanner? If so I have literally no explanation for this since no RF equipment has been installed yet.

joshua80

The MPSCS page with all the sites and talk groups shows the cassopolis site has been updated with control channels now. So if the site is no where near up and running, how'd someone come up with control channels then ?

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
My guess is these frequencies have already been allocated and/or licenses granted. Maybe ask the admin of the MPSCS page where they got that information.

I am the one who will be physically installing this site once they find a tower. Last time I checked, all of the site equipment is in the basement of the 911 dispatch center.

That is not to say that Motorola has put something up without telling us, which I doubt since my shop is supposed to be doing all installation work. That's why I was curious if you were actually picking this up on your scanner.

joshua80

Not actually picking anything up. So I tend to agree with you that those are the licensed frequencies. But why would they use a 857.03750 freq? Since michigan rebanded I would think they'd be in the 851-853 range.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
I can't answer that for you, but there are a few other sites that utilize 857.xxxx freqs. There was also talk in the very beginning stages of this project about utilizing 700mhz frequencies!

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
Just to update the thread, we are moving forward in Cass county! All of the RF components have been installed including the antennas. All that we are waiting on now is fiber to be run from the Jones tower.

We got codeplugs from the state and we've started programming subscribers.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
They will be adding new fire TGs, some proprietary TGs for individual departments, as well as some new ones for the sheriff that will be encrypted.

Fire's main TG will be 3744

Not sure about individual departments' "private" TGs or firegrounds yet, as the TGs and codeplugs are still being created.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
All police departments will be making the switch to 800. The fire departments will remain on VHF for dispatch and will likely only have a few 800 radios for command personnel.

kd8eee

Premium Subscriber
The cutover for the dispatch consoles and the new radio tower is scheduled for this Thursday, the 20th.

Installation of mobile radios is slated to begin this Friday.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for letting us know!
Keep us updated on the new talkgroups being picked up,
From what I have seen as area counties went digital their msp patch tg always became the county police dispatch for cass its 3148.

For the rest in that area, you'll have to put your digital scanners in ID Search mode for Unidens and add a wildcard for radio shacks/gre/whistler brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.