Disable Flash Prompts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2kth

Would it be possible to disable the popup asking me to install Flash every time I go to the Database section? With Flash on it's way out in favor of HTML5 I'm avoiding installing it wherever possible and can live without what it provides relative to the site.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
We've purchased the HTML5 versions of the maps and will be rolling them out soon.

Good to hear, since I access the site via an Android device, and Java is not supported. (As stupid as that decision was, it just been made.)

Sent via Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

We've purchased the HTML5 versions of the maps and will be rolling them out soon.

That sir is wonderful to hear. Flash never used to give me trouble...for the last year or so it has been an increasingly annoying thorn in my side!:D

SCPD

QRT
flash

Thank goodness ! I try to avoid using flash because thats how they do drive by installs of malware and spyware.Great to hear radio reference is switching to HTML5,a much better platform.Kudos!

kc2kth

Wow, who knew so many other people were annoyed by this? I thought it was just me too and that I'd get comments to the effect of 'just install flash already'. Nice! Good to hear the html 5 versions are coming.

ampulman

That sir is wonderful to hear. Flash never used to give me trouble...for the last year or so it has been an increasingly annoying thorn in my side!:D

By any chance, are you using Firefox as your browser? For some months it's been giving me fits which I think are related to Flash.

Amp

DJ11DLN

By any chance, are you using Firefox as your browser? For some months it's been giving me fits which I think are related to Flash.

Amp

Yes, that's been my experience as well. In fact it's trying to take my machine over right now and I'm sure if I checked I'd find both apps using several times the memory they should for the 2 measly tabs I have open, neither of which should be taxing anything. Often after I terminate them and re-start, they behave, but that's a step I shouldn't have to take. I've tried Chrome and don't care for it...am open to suggestions.

But I am also sick and tired of Flash wanting to d/l a new version of itself every time I boot up...anything that has to update that often -- that isn't an antivirus, anti-malware, etc -- has to be seriously messed up. Hence my glee that RR is going to stop using it!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.