Output pl Tones On 2Meter Reapeters

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1VAI

when using my ctcss decode on a reapeter that doesnt use output tone i still get the input pl tone
is this normal? does the input tone also get reapeted ? that would xplain my question.
thanks Kb1vai.

ecps92

Depending on the make/model, Some Repeater will PASS the tone, which is why you can decode the,. Also many DO have an Output Tone, but not everyone uses them, as repeaters are spreadout

when using my ctcss decode on a reapeter that doesnt use output tone i still get the input pl tone
is this normal? does the input tone also get reapeted ? that would xplain my question.
thanks Kb1vai.

Voyager

Actually it depends more on how it was modified, as any commercial repeaters will strip the tone and re-encode it. Some hams pull the audio off before the filter and inject the audio after the TX filter (which again strips the audio below 300 Hz), so the CTCSS is passed through the system. That is the exception and not the norm, but it is done in the Amateur bands.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I set both of our repeaters up with tones on the output side, even though we weren't using any tone on the input of one of them. The main reason for doing it in our case is because I was getting some minor random RFI at my house. Primarily on my ht when using a rubber duck antenna. So I programmed the tone into my ht and I can still hear repeater and don't have to worry about the noise.

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.