Classified section question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAnjel

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

How do you contact people in the classified section? I found an ad for a scanner and have PM'd the person, emailed him and replied to the ad in a new post and I get nothing. I've responded to three or four ads this way.

Are the people just not on the site anymore?

Is there another section where I can post that I"m looking to buy a used scanner?

Thanks for any info.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Depending on the age of the post- the person may no longer be a member or the item is no longer available.
In the classified section there is a place to post your radio wants.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is there another section where I can post that I"m looking to buy a used scanner?

Thanks for any info.

You can post to the "Wanted Ads" section in the classifieds to find what you're looking for, however it is required that you purchase a premium membership before posting anything in the classifieds.

n5ims

Thanks but I didn't really want to have to pay to post an ad. :(

Basically the payment isn't really to access the classifieds section, but I totally get how it looks that way. Earlier, the classifieds were open to everyone and there was a great deal more fraud than there is today. By restricting the classifieds to those that pay for premium access, the site has a way to verify who the member is (vs. the previous way of just knowing their e-mail address, which was often just a throw-away one).

Now there's a record of their credit card information or their paypal information (used to pay for the premium subscription). This information has been useful to law enforcement when investigating fraud complaints (please note that a court order is necessary for them to get it, so it isn't given out to just anyone that asks). In the old days, they could at best give out the e-mail address, which often provided no way to track down the person.

If you think of it that way, you're paying for some assurance that the person you're dealing with on the forum is pretty much legit. There still can be issues, but normally these are misunderstandings or mistakes instead of outright fraudulent transactions. It may not be a 100% guarantee, but is much better than it was in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.