FDNY RESCUE SQUAD 1-4 ids

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
does anyone what there radio ids are or can anyone find out and post updates thanks I'm just curious on what ids they have.

What ids are you looking for?
Portable or mobile radio mdc, riding postions, etc?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Radio IDS on Conventional analog are not possible on scanners, unless you somehow can look at a Dispatcher screen when they key up

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Radio IDS on Conventional analog are not possible on scanners, unless you somehow can look at a Dispatcher screen when they key up

Maybe not on scanners, but lots of real radios have MDC decoders built in. Most of the NYPD repeaters filter MDC on the output, but the FDNY systems do not, and unit MDC IDs are straightforward to decode on the FDNY dispatch channels..

55engine

Premium Subscriber
rexample middletown police have ht1250 portables conventional Iave a XTS 2500 conventional radio ID pick up but for the scanner they do not pick up I had a gre psi 800 that said has the option to do id conventional I had a time in the police for transmitting and the ID was not picking upI was mad so I think we should right Upman and see if he could come up with something he's the director for making these radios

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
8xxx00y
Xxx is the company
y is the riding postions

1 officer
2 chauffeur
3 roof
4 hook
5 irons
6 can

Also
3 nozzle
4 backup
5 control
6 door

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
for the ids is it 8103 and so on how do they do why for it

I work for a career fire department and have my own portable for use that is identified. Now this isn't an FDNY explanation but should be similar. I think this may answer how I am reading your question.

When you key up a radio, it sends out the identifier so that it shows up on the radio's display and also on the dispatcher's radio console. There are a few reasons for it.

1 - It identifies who (person or riding position depending on department) is making the transmission. For example, if someone (like the command post) didn't hear the unit's verbal identifier, they could look at the screen who made the 'last call" as it remains on the screen until another unit keys up. It is also helpful in the event there is an open mic and they can track it down.

2 - MORE IMPORTANTLY with proper identification of each radio and firefighting tracking, in the event of an emergency like a downed firefighter, it is an added way to identify who is in trouble. Each portable radio utilized in public safety as recommended to be equipped with an emergency activation button, those orange buttons on the top of a radio or on top of an extension microphone. When you press this button, it sends a signal to the dispatch console and make an alert tone. The console display flashes the radio's identifier so that the dispatcher can radio command of the activation.

With most large career departments, they submit a daily raiding position report. On it it lists who is in what position on the truck and radio issued to them. Some volunteer departments also use a similar riding position report or tag system noting who has what radio (if they have one for each riding position) In my case, I work for a small department and I am issued my own radio that is programed with my department ID and my last name.

I'm not sure how FDNY utilizes their ID system when on the fireground. Hopefully someone here who has that knowledge can explain how they do it.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
I work for a career fire department and have my own portable for use that is identified. Now this isn't an FDNY explanation but should be similar. I think this may answer how I am reading your question.

When you key up a radio, it sends out the identifier so that it shows up on the radio's display and also on the dispatcher's radio console. There are a few reasons for it.

1 - It identifies who (person or riding position depending on department) is making the transmission. For example, if someone (like the command post) didn't hear the unit's verbal identifier, they could look at the screen who made the 'last call" as it remains on the screen until another unit keys up. It is also helpful in the event there is an open mic and they can track it down.

2 - MORE IMPORTANTLY with proper identification of each radio and firefighting tracking, in the event of an emergency like a downed firefighter, it is an added way to identify who is in trouble. Each portable radio utilized in public safety as recommended to be equipped with an emergency activation button, those orange buttons on the top of a radio or on top of an extension microphone. When you press this button, it sends a signal to the dispatch console and make an alert tone. The console display flashes the radio's identifier so that the dispatcher can radio command of the activation.

With most large career departments, they submit a daily raiding position report. On it it lists who is in what position on the truck and radio issued to them. Some volunteer departments also use a similar riding position report or tag system noting who has what radio (if they have one for each riding position) In my case, I work for a small department and I am issued my own radio that is programed with my department ID and my last name.

I'm not sure how FDNY utilizes their ID system when on the fireground. Hopefully someone here who has that knowledge can explain how they do it.

Radios are assigned to the riding position. There is a electronic accountability program which logs who has what radio and what position. Old system was a paper slip on the rig, officers shirt pocket and board in quarters. Think 9/11 , they had to contact each firehouse to figure out who was missing.

As far as emergency buttons. Radio ID's are monitored in the Chiefs car or Field Comm unit. If someone hits the emergency the car computer will alert and print a paper slip.

D

DaveNF2G

Several types of id signals (and tones) can be decoded and displayed with an iPhone app called "RadioID." All you need is an iPhone running the app within earshot of a radio receiving the signals.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Several types of id signals (and tones) can be decoded and displayed with an iPhone app called "RadioID." All you need is an iPhone running the app within earshot of a radio receiving the signals.

Dave from the Radio ID page. Won't do the 7 digit id's, i am not aware of any software other then motorola's APAA system aka EFAS.

identify two-way radio transmissions made using Motorola MDC-1200, GE STAR, or Kenwood FleetSync radio identifier formats. Also decodes QuickCall II signaling format. (All formats trademarks of their respective owners).

Status
Not open for further replies.