Shelby County Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donradtke

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please run Unitrunker on the new Shelby County P25 system and post the results.
I'm thinking the frequencies posted are not correct. Thanks.

R

retiredmich

Donradtke, I found this info & this may answer you question for Shelby Co.

Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner.

Please visit the RR Wiki Project 25 page for additional information.

LMHODNETT

Premium Subscriber
shelby freqs

I too am having a problem hearing them. I get an occasional transmission. I use the Uniden BCD536HP and it does monitor P25 Phase 1 and 2. I live in Helena and just cannot believe that we are not hearing constant transmissions. Somedays I hear nothing from them. Very strange.

LMHODNETT

Premium Subscriber
I use a scantenna outside at about 30 feet. I can receive all surrounding counties, but have trouble with Shelby.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the same boat as LMHODNETT. I can hear them crystal clear with 5 bars, but there isn't a lot of traffic. I'm wondering if we're missing some of the frequencies?

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
Shelby County TRS

Shelby County TRS Frequency Update.

Active Control Channel frequency found.
Frequency: 152.720, No FCC License found.
152.720 appears to be an unlicensed Control Channel frequency for the Shelby county TRS.
I believe this frequency was originally listed & decoded as site 505 but it appears to have changed\
System Id & Tower Site Id recently.
Possible New Shelby County TRS System Id is 00A, Site NAC is 00A, Tower Site Id is R-010, S-010, WACN is 92778.
This appears to be a Harris VHF trunked system.
Control Channel is broadcasting Multi-Packet/Multi-Block or Extended Packet info.

Signal received on I-459 at Exit 17, West to Exit 104 near McCalla. Date 04-23/24-2015.
Signal Strength was at 95 to 99%.
Tower Site appears to be the Chelsea, AL Tower Site?
Did not hear any activity from any voice frequencies, clear or encrypted and did not hear any other
control channels broadcasting from I-459 or I-59/20.
Using a Pro106 the Tower Site did not appear to be trunking, unless it was broadcasting in Phase 2.
Any other users in the Shelby County or Jefferson County area may want to scan the VHF band and see if
any other Towers are broadcasting and post any info found.

FYI: The Mobile County AFRN 700 MHz Sites are showing the same System Id but a different WACN.
I don't think the two systems or counties (Shelby/Mobile) are related or connected but its possible. Any ideas?
If you are within distance of this freq.'s range see if you can get a signal on it.
If possible decode this site and see what info is being broadcasted.
If you use a Pro96 scanner to decode the Shelby Co. system you will need Pro96com Software version 11.2 if available.
Software version 11.4 will not decode there system using a Pro96 scanner because Multi-Packet decode support
was removed for the Pro96. Sw V11.2 offers limited decode ability due to the Multi-Packet/Multi-Block or Extended Packet info.
Have not tried decoding using Sw-V11.4 yet with a newer type scanner to see if it will decode there site.
I am not sure how or if the decode will work if they are running Phase 2.
If the decode works post any info found.

Last edited:
Go into the programming software for your scanner and click on the system. Then click on the control channel and over in the right side of the screen there will be another box with more options. Enable auto for the tables. That fixed the problem on my pro668. I was having the exact same problem monitoring Entergy phase2.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
"FYI: The Mobile County AFRN 700 MHz Sites are showing the same System Id but a different WACN.
I don't think the two systems or counties (Shelby/Mobile) are related or connected but its possible. "

If they are showing the same SYSID, then they are indeed the same system. (Correction... It seems that Harris systems all show same SYSID at least in the beginning... The Central GA one is also showing 00A as SYSID... So thats yet another quirk to make it more interesting.. My apologies.) The WACN may show different for that zone on an Harris system, and also every single freq will be an CC for it. That's one of the quirks of Harris P25 IP's. Keep your eyes and ears open on the Shelby County Sites as they progress, heck all the AFRRN as the system grows and changes. Also be sure you have proper bandplans for VHF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.