143.775 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I have come across 143.775 while searching the bands. I hear a morse code station ID on it from time to time as well as it being keyed up, but so far, no voice. It does not appear to be a spill over from Civil Air Patrol (143.750). It comes in full signal strength here in eastern union county. Any ideas? If anyone knows morse code, maybe this can be figured out.

ecps92

MARS
either Air Force or Navy-Marine

Any CTCSS on the key-ups ??

Generally 143.7750 is the Repeater output

I have come across 143.775 while searching the bands. I hear a morse code station ID on it from time to time as well as it being keyed up, but so far, no voice. It does not appear to be a spill over from Civil Air Patrol (143.750). It comes in full signal strength here in eastern union county. Any ideas? If anyone knows morse code, maybe this can be figured out.

Analogrules

I haven't noticed any PL show up on key up, but if I do, I will let you know.

Analogrules

Thanks Res5cue. That is great information. Perhaps it should be submitted to the db also? I will let you know if I can confirm the PL. Ecps, I checked out the link, but did not see the Murray Hill repeater mentioned/included. Furthermore, I am also hearing similar morse code ID's on 149.000 MHz this morning with PL 141.3. Perhaps an additional frequency linked with Murray Hill?

ecps92

No, but it returned 2 other Repeaters in NJ
Other Google links talk about the Repeater and possible interference, which might explain the random key-ups

I would check out 148.9875 or 149.0125 as I don't show (my notes) that 149.0000 is a current allocation

Thanks Res5cue. That is great information. Perhaps it should be submitted to the db also? I will let you know if I can confirm the PL. Ecps, I checked out the link, but did not see the Murray Hill repeater mentioned/included. Furthermore, I am also hearing similar morse code ID's on 149.000 MHz this morning with PL 141.3. Perhaps an additional frequency linked with Murray Hill?

Last edited:

Analogrules

Ok, you may be right. But I do know that the bcd436 is very accurate in discovery mode when it comes to pin pointing the exact frequency, and it stops exactly at 149.000 each time whenever the morse code ID occurs. The only thing I can find when googling that frequency is that it was used by some navy planes in past AC air shows. But, it definitely sounds like a repeater here in union county or nearby.

Analogrules

Ok, just heard non-official sounding voice traffic on 149.000 PL 141.3. It almost sounded like someone illegally transmitting. Some young woman said she was currently leaving Penn Station exiting on 7th Avenue. Then she met the people she was initially talking to on the radio and comms quickly ended. However, it must have been a repeater, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up from my location. Still hearing morse code ID's at least once an hour. I am thinking a pirate repeater being used via Baofeng radios. Definitely something to keep monitoring nevertheless.

ecps92

It Could also be an image
Do you have another Scanner, search the 151-160 band at the same time

Ok, just heard non-official sounding voice traffic on 149.000 PL 141.3. It almost sounded like someone illegally transmitting. Some young woman said she was currently leaving Penn Station exiting on 7th Avenue. Then she met the people she was initially talking to on the radio and comms quickly ended. However, it must have been a repeater, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up from my location. Still hearing morse code ID's at least once an hour. I am thinking a pirate repeater being used via Baofeng radios. Definitely something to keep monitoring nevertheless.

Can you copy the Morse code CWID? Or - post a wav or mp3 file so we can read it and try to search the call?

Analogrules

Yeah, I thought of that too. But, just did a quick test...149.000 MHz PL 141.3 is truly accurate with No Offset (it is a repeater, but the input is the same as the output....both 149.000. I just heard a very short voice comm on it too. Someone said are you ok and the response "yeah". Then silence again. This is really interesting!!

ecps92

A Repeater is two different Frequencies
An input and An Output

A Simplex Frequency can be used with an external device that records the message and then Replays it, but it is not a repeater

Record the Audio and post, there are applications that can read the Morse Code as well as members here who know Code (I'm not one of them)

Not sure how with a Scanner you can test a Repeater :roll: for accuracy

Yeah, I thought of that too. But, just did a quick test...149.000 MHz PL 141.3 is truly accurate with No Offset (it is a repeater, but the input is the same as the output....both 149.000. I just heard a very short voice comm on it too. Someone said are you ok and the response "yeah". Then silence again. This is really interesting!!

Analogrules

I have recorded the audio on you tube and will post the link as soon as the video uploads. I assure you that there is no separate input frequency (yes there are ways to test....all I'm going to say). I may have used the term "repeater" loosely, but it is definitely not common simplex. There is something (repeater/signal booster) being used to strengthen the signal.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecps92

Hope I am reading this wong

However - Keying up on a Government Frequency is a sure way to END up in a Government run Federal Penitentiary :mad:

I have recorded the audio on you tube and will post the link as soon as the video uploads. I assure you that there is no separate input frequency (yes there are ways to test....all I'm going to say). I may have used the term "repeater" loosely, but it is definitely not common simplex. There is something (repeater/signal booster) being used to strengthen the signal.

Analogrules

The only ones keying up on this frequency are the "pirates" that I have been monitoring all day on the scanner. They have been keying up sporadically, but I only heard voice comms twice. One of which I recorded on my scanner and posted via you tube along with tbe morse code. IF by any small chance that it is confirmed that a Gov agency is using this frequency, I would be the first to ask that this thread is removed anyway. However, I truly feel it is some sort of amateur pirate set up.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Well,
The first line of code reads DG995 ERS NY
The second line of code is a little different as it states DG995 EIE5Y

Dont have a clue what it means as it is nothing I have heard before except for the NY part which you could figure is New York.

Analogrules

Since there seems to be an automatic morse code ID, would that indicate that this frequency is legit? Perhaps set up by a federal agency in nyc. I think I stumbled upon a good mystery this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.