Philadelphia Area Contract School Bus Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

Trying to put together a list of radio assignments for Philadelphia and surrounding counties (Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery) contracted school bus operations - similar to the one Joe Cardini was doing for the South Jersey ones. Here is what I have right now.

Sunshine Roxborough SMR

Student Transport of America (contracted carrier for Bristol Township School District in Bucs County) Channel 2 is 0-02-042. Channel 1 is 0-08-002 on the Sunshine Penndel system.

Sague Bus Company based in Lafayette Hills in Montgomery County operates contracted routes in the city. They are listed on two talkgroups on this system - 0-20-246 and 0-20-249.

Commpaths Roxborough SMR

0-01-080 is Philly Trans based out of the East Falls section of the city.
0-03-002 is Yellowbird in the city. They used to use a talkgroup on the old Philadelphia School District trunked system before that system went off the air in 2009.

Also have some conventional stuff.

First Student in Norristown area uses 155.175 and 460.125 depending on school district. I also have 152.270 / D364 listed for First Student in the city however the only license for that frequency in the area now is for Easton Coach in the North Wales area.

Durham School Services in Philadelphia uses 859.6875 with a 532 DPL. Believe this channel includes all Durham ops in Philly including the former Atlantic Express.

I'm looking to find radio assignments for other contract carriers in and around the city. Among what I'm looking for are All City Transportation (hopefully they don't become 215-GET-A-BUS), Delaware County Transportation, and any other contract carrier that uses radios.

phillydjdan

Add First Student who is contracted to the Council Rock School District in Newtown, Bucks County. They use a repeater on 151.865 with a DPL of 662

First Student is also contracted to the William Penn School District in Darby, Delaware County. They use a repeater on 160.125 with a DPL of 664

Septa3371CSX1

Here is a list of contractors providing school bus transportation in the city. Also at the bottom of the page is a list of schools providing their own transportation within the city.

3.5 Contractor Garages - The School District of Philadelphia

Here is a breakdown of who uses what for radio communications as far as I know.

A-1 Bus Company = Unknown
All City Transportation = City Cab 220 MHZ LTR Passport
Class I Bus Co = Last I knew they were using an LTR Passport system.
Dependability = Unknown
Durham = 859/814.6875 D532
First Student In Philadelphia = Unknown (most likely one of the frequencies licensed to First Student)
Leahy Transportation = Unknown
Philly Trans = TG 0-03-120 on Commpaths Center City LTR - beleive they also have TG 0-01-080 on Commpaths Roxborough LTR.
Sague = TG's 0-20-246 & 0-20-249 on Sunshine Roxborough LTR.
Yellowbird = TG 0-03-002 on Commpaths Roxborough LTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.