Uniden nascar analog scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreakin318

not sure where to post this but i am looking for the older model analog nascar scanners with closecall, i had one a long time ago and never really figured it out. looking for one cheap since they are old and analog. i found 2 of them but they wanted $100 and that seems very high for one since they was only around $80 new at walmart back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phreakin318

they didn't have any of the ones i was looking for.i am specifically looking for one of the nascar branded with closecall.

Take a look on Amazon. They seemed to have a variety of low end scanners.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
There are two PRO-84s on eBay right now, both under $80. I had one years ago. It received analog cell images. That was its greatest feature along with Signal Stalker.

Phreakin318

thanks for that info i will check on them, that is the same scanner, just the radio shack version :) is signal stalker the same as closecall just diff name?

marksmith

It's theoretically the same feature but in my experience not as effective as Close Call for finding specific frequencies.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
My opinion, the nascar radios certainly work, but the frequencies, drivers are only as good as what is in it. Im saying that every year there is at least a dozen or so changes as drivers changes teams, new drivers come in or teams go away.
Short of course most of the top drivers stay put and most often stay on the same frequencies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We had two HH models that had a the NASCAR brand on them: SC230 and BC72XLT

Both had Close Call.

If you are looking for the one that was at Wal*Mart, that would be the BC72XLT. We've since replaced that with the BC75XLT (we no longer co-brand w/NASCAR). A better option, IMO, is the BC125AT, since it includes the ability to alpha tag.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think the BR330T was NASCAR branded and had close call, but was discontinued a few years ago.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yep, missed that one. I credit having NASCAR on it to its demise (only one production run...few sales despite being the best analog trunktracker we ever made).

KE5TLF

I think the BR330T was NASCAR branded and had close call, but was discontinued a few years ago.
Yep, but being as rare, and collectable as that one is, it would be a travesty to beat it up by frequently dragging to a race track...
Yep, missed that one. I credit having NASCAR on it to its demise (only one production run...few sales despite being the best analog trunktracker we ever made).
without a doubt!!!...

Phreakin318

i had the bc72xlt(black one) and the bc92xlt or bc95xlt(blue one with comm port) and also the bcd396xt wish i had all of them back.

wtp

tale of two radios

my 396t picks up the weather station at about the 1 mile range
i just got a pro97 and that picks it up at about 5 miles, that seems a little too far.
i would rather see the tower than guess where it could be.
i have not had time to try it at the mall and see what it can do, but with the 396t i was usually at the store front or next to it. the 396t seems to act like a freq counter and the 97 hits on any higher power signal.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Ah HA!! So you finally come clean! For a long while I was trying to learn why it was discontinued so soon. It was an excellent trunktracker, and also an excellent mil air receiver.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I dont think the 330T would have been $80 new back in the day, maybe you are mistaking it with another "nascar branded scanner" like the 72xlt/92xlt/95xlt as those were pretty cheap.

I could be wrong though as American prices are WAY cheaper then Canadian prices.

Nasby

It was more around the $200-$250 range for a new one.

Still have mine and love it. Great scanner with full coverage.

The NASCAR logo is kinda cheezy though.

Phreakin318

I dont think the 330T would have been $80 new back in the day, maybe you are mistaking it with another "nascar branded scanner" like the 72xlt/92xlt/95xlt as those were pretty cheap.

I could be wrong though as American prices are WAY cheaper then Canadian prices.

yes i was referring to the bc72xlt and that was when walmart still sold scanners.i didn't care much for it though for some reason .i did like the blue one with the comm port that is why i wanna get another one but everyone i have seen was $75 or higher seems kinda steep when you can get the newer ones for a bit more.

Phreakin318

I think it's a Pro-83

thanks much that was what i was thinking, bought it . also picked up a bc95xlt . anyone have the full line collection of these type of scanners? they seem very good for air band. eventually i wanna get the full line of them. but seems some of them are harder to find since they are older stuff. Mr. Upman can you list all the models of this line of scanners for me? even the ones starting with radioshack. i know of the sc something (red cabnet) ,radioshack pro83(gray cabnet), uniden bc72xlt(black cabnet),uniden bc92xlt(blue cabnet),uniden bc95xlt(blue cabnet). seen one with yellow around the window but didn't know what model it was. thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.