Peoria City prep 1 on P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimijodie

Ive been hearing Peoria City and County police on the new P25. I know that have not switched over yet though. Anybody else hearing anything in the Peoria area ?

Yes is that a made up talk group ? its not the one on the list , 451 is prep 1
I think county is using the patch on their actual talkgroup # 501

I don't know. It may be a tempary patch until they actually cut over. It is a real talk group. The county patch is on 65133. That TG is patched to 158.730.

jimijodie

Do you think that this temporary site would be good to adjust a scanner to or wait for the site to go live ?
I sold my 436 and bought a PRO651 ) (601) hoping I can adjust the settings better for this p25 system

Do you think that this temporary site would be good to adjust a scanner to or wait for the site to go live ?
I sold my 436 and bought a PRO651 ) (601) hoping I can adjust the settings better for this p25 system

Do you mean the temporary talk groups? Yes it would be a good time to adjust it now and when it goes live.

jimijodie

question, why are the temp talkgroups not on the talk group # there going be using ? instead of using a temp talkgroup number ?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I also programmed them in but I think it is just additional voice channels.

You do not need to program them in on a true P25 system.
The CC data will start telling the mobiles to use them and your scanner will do the same when it is told to steer to one of these new frequencies.

Even better, if you have a scanner that you can use with Pro96com, do that and it will auto populate any frequencies that the CC is advertising for use as they are used.

You do not need to program them in on a true P25 system.
The CC data will start telling the mobiles to use them and your scanner will do the same when it is told to steer to one of these new frequencies.

Even better, if you have a scanner that you can use with Pro96com, do that and it will auto populate any frequencies that the CC is advertising for use as they are used.

Thank you! I programmed them because it is a Harris system and if it is a CC or a VC it is already in there. Since all the freqs in the system can be used as a CC.

JFDoering

Peoria County ETSB P25 Frequencies

Peoria County ETSB has licensed two more non-PSPAC frequency pairs and has an application pending for one more NPSPAC frequency pair for our system. These new frequencies will replace three channels that have interference on the mobile side. These new channels can only be used for control channels if the mobiles and portables have that data in their programming. This process has caused some of the delay in moving more users to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.