portland area comms meet idea ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

robm79

Premium Subscriber
hey ! it would be really cool if there was a meet sometime in the summer where we can all get together in the portland area ,see each others radio set-ups and get help and ideas and what not , have some clubs there , have BEOC come, MARS , Portland mountain rescue coms truck, other groups and organizations , etc. , etc. or is there one and im not aware of ?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
There are a group of about a dozen of us in the Portland/Vancouver area who meet up informally every few months for pizza and bring radios, scanners, antennas, whatever for show and tell.

- Chris

pdx911

Dispatcher
I don't own a scanner anymore but I would still come.. Sounds like fun to hang with folks interested in the field.

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
The group that currently meets as noted above in Chris' posting. We started meeting back in the 1980s and have had a rather eclectic group of individuals come and go. Currently there are up to about 10 guys who meet infrequently for pizza, and to gawk at peoples newest goodies. Back in the day we've actually had tours of facilities. Most notably I guess was a tour of the tower at PDX. Even then restrictions were tight. Today, that wouldn't happen. But anything is possible with a 911 center.

These days we like to sit, discuss new hardware, newest finds on the air, and what we might be up against in the future for local systems.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
We are going to have a Portland area pizza get together on Sunday, May 17th.

It will be at the Round Table Pizza at 4141 NE 122nd Avenue in Portland. We usually start at 1300, but come whenever you feel like it. I'm going to be a few minutes late as I am flying back into PDX and won't land until 1300, but I will be there.

Look for the table with all the radios...

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.