• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 7550 - Quik-Call II Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I apologize in advance if this had been discussed already, but I have been unsuccessful in finding anything with my searches.

Moving on: I have an XPR 7550. I've been trying to set it up to alert with QCII tones:

I have the correct tone pairs listed under the "Signaling Systems"
I have the correct frequency under the channel
Under the channel, I have the signaling system set to the tones I want
Signaling squelch set to "AND" (have also tried as "OR")
Unmute set to "Std Unmute, Mute"
Set up on "receive only" channels.

Despite all this, I can't get the radio to "beep" and open squelch upon receiving the tones. Clearly, I'm missing something here; hence, this post.

Thanks for your help in advance!

slapshot0017

I haven't been able to try the function out yet as I haven't been able to get home, but its should all work. Try keeping it on Or because that is whats its supposed to be. Do you have a Signaling system and a contact setup? Also try setting it to pl for data. It may have some effect or not. Like I said I'm not exactly sure.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I haven't been able to try the function out yet as I haven't been able to get home, but its should all work. Try keeping it on Or because that is whats its supposed to be. Do you have a Signaling system and a contact setup? Also try setting it to pl for data. It may have some effect or not. Like I said I'm not exactly sure.

I'm under the assumption that OR will just open up the channel on PL, with or without the QCII activation. I want it to only open up with QCII activation. I'll trial it with OR again though.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue.

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken, the two-tone format must be 1 second / 3 seconds for QCII to work in Motorola radios. Any deviation from that and I believe it won't detect the tones for an alert. Many systems have gotten away from traditional 1 sec / 3 sec and have gone to shorter tone lengths like 1 sec / 1 sec.

slapshot0017

I have tested it on mine. It works perfectly fine.

MDC----------------------------------
Call type: Call Alert w/ Voice
Call Format: A-B
Tone A: whatever
Tone B: whatever
Auto Reset: None
Sidetone: Long
Pretime: 500
Long Duration: 3 sec
Patience: 60sec
Quick Call Contact--------------
QCII-MDC system
Revert: selected
Call Format: two tone
Tone A: whatever
Tone B: whatever
Strip TPL/DPL: unselected
Channel-----------------------------
signalling- Quick call contact
Squelch- OR
Unmute Rule- STD
All checkboxes on the RX side checked.

Mine works the way its supposed to. I am just having problems with the signalling squelch resetting on me while scanning the priorities, but that is unrelated to this as I have done extensive testing...

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken, the two-tone format must be 1 second / 3 seconds for QCII to work in Motorola radios. Any deviation from that and I believe it won't detect the tones for an alert. Many systems have gotten away from traditional 1 sec / 3 sec and have gone to shorter tone lengths like 1 sec / 1 sec.

I don't have a portable to test right now, but I did try it on my XPR5550. Programmed up a channel for QCII and it worked right off the bat. Played with the encode timing a little and found out you have to have more than 3/4 of a second of either A or B for the decoder to register. Running the time down on either, 750 milliseconds will not decode. 800 milliseconds or more decodes properly. You'd have to measure precisely to see what your dispatch is sending out.

A neighboring county has changed their two tone timing to 0.5 and 1.0 seconds. The FS Informers seem to like that however I can see where a XPR would fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.