North Berwick and York

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia11

I never get North Berwick or York, Maine even though I have all the towns of york county, I realize that some are range issues.

I have york county dispatch, Sanford dispatch, and all the frequencies listed in the database for both towns,

I get Berwick Wells and even Bidderford .

I have them on more then one favorites list so it will scan them more often,but I do live in about 12 miles from N. Berwick and even further from York, but since I get Bidderford, Sanford, and York county dispatch I thought I might hear them once in a while.

I have a great scanner but it is the first one that doesn't list the frequencies by number just the name of the general area,

Opinions on this would be helpful, and would be very much appreciated.

Oh yes I live in Lebanon by the way !!

Last edited:

nhfirefighter

Yorks repeaters are very directional and provide great coverage in and around York. Since you are on the other side of agamenticus you are probably being blocked from hearing their transmissions. I thought North Berwick was on the UHF countywide dispatch like Lebanon and others.

ejackson046

Feed Provider
North Berwick Fire operates on the York County fire Frequencies and are dispatched by Sanford RCC. The PD has their own tower within the town. In Lebanon you should be able to pick them up no problem if they are programmed.

I cant say anything for York as I can not pick them up in Saco.

paranoia11

North Berwick Fire operates on the York County fire Frequencies and are dispatched by Sanford RCC. The PD has their own tower within the town. In Lebanon you should be able to pick them up no problem if they are programmed.

I cant say anything for York as I can not pick them up in Saco.

Thank you for the reply, I have N. Berwick in all my favorite lists, I even have 1 list entitled North Berwick I have all the town's listed fregs listed,
But you are correct I do pick up the rescue from sanford dispatch , but I can never pick up the PD.

As far as York PD is concerned , maybe it is Mt Agamenticus blocking me.

Status
Not open for further replies.