Rochelle Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Ogle... There were several Tornados today. Kirkland (DeKalb County) got hit. Southern Boone County got hit with at least one confirmed tornado that I watched while I was out spotting..

Gradyo54

I think Peoria was in between the systems. Strong storms moving thru Piatt County right now pea sized hail and heavy rain. I am in Monticello IL

R

retiredmich

Just saw the TORNADO that hit Rochelle Ill on my local news channel here in KCK, that is one BIG
TORNADO that hit Rochelle Ill, & report of at least one fatality. Just F Y I

Gradyo54

IEMA says that was the same storm that hit Rochelle, Hope everyone in Clinton is OK. I worked one of these storms when I was at IDOT, Ogden IL 1995. It was no picnic.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WGN News is still on the coverage at 11:30pm April 9th and one of the people who was in the Basement of the Restaurant in Fairdale just called. A man named Kramer who took pictures of it coming toward them before the Managers got everyone down in the basement. He said on WGN he's loading the pics on the Computer right now 11:30PM and was going to send them to the WGN website/weather section. The WREX TV station website in Rockford IL has good pictures from people but the one Mr. Kramer took was head on just before it hit. Should be very interesting on WGN weather. I was in Elgin in a basement watching the Blackhawks/BULLS game and very happy all this crossed the Tollway west of there.

Wally46

Feed Provider
My ST-2 scanner antenna got bent out of shape in the storm, but I have a discone for backup that is fine.

Attachments

• 11082290_10203653116599770_5813828493844842978_o.jpg
    11082290_10203653116599770_5813828493844842978_o.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 806

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
STARCOM21 Tower 149, NWCentral Dispatch site has ITTF Incident 1 talkgroup going on out in Fairdale/Rochelle. They brought in warming buses for people from Northern IL University and there's traffic going on there right now. Not sure why these operations are on IL Terrorism Task Force talk-groups 30332 right now, I guess it does say "incident" It got cold and really really windy as this front is going through.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
ITTF Incident 1 is currently patched to (or at least repeating) DeKalb County Sheriff's 154.860 repeater. If you are able to read RIDs, you'll notice that the RID (410277) does not change as various units transmit. I have noted this RID being used to patch Sycamore PD on 155.640 to ITTF R3B TG30306 during a parade, running or biking event in the past. Perhaps an ITECS or UCP? My guess is that this use has been cleared with the STIC or other state-level authority.

STARCOM21 Tower 149, NWCentral Dispatch site has ITTF Incident 1 talkgroup going on out in Fairdale/Rochelle. They brought in warming buses for people from Northern IL University and there's traffic going on there right now. Not sure why these operations are on IL Terrorism Task Force talk-groups 30332 right now, I guess it does say "incident" It got cold and really really windy as this front is going through.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I heard them call out ZEBRA # as that's Dekalb County Sheriff's id's. I went to NIU and recognized it. They're still out there. I turned Radio ID's on for my WS1080 and see it now. MAN this wind is like 45-50mph sustained in Schaumburg IL area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber

ITTF is an advisory agency to IEMA, and in the IIFOG is says that the ITTF talkgroups are available to any agency wishing to use them as directed by the local communications coordinator. I'm not familiar enough to know whether Rochelle has its' own PSAP, but if not then Ogle County would be the one to approve that.

Is anyone close enough to the area to tell whether they brought in a site on wheels or whether they're using the usual SC21 sites?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The area of worst devastation is completely closed off to the public. If you don't see it on TV or in pictures you probably won't be able to find out what's there.

W9NES

I saw the live video feed last night Thurs 4/9/15 from CBS 2 WBBM Chicago that was sending the feed back to CBS New York on my android phone. Also heard Communications on IL State Police on the live audio feed here on RR.Com.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
The area of worst devastation is completely closed off to the public. If you don't see it on TV or in pictures you probably won't be able to find out what's there.

I just meant if anyone could hear a control channel on one of the SOW frequencies, or if it was showing up as a neighboring site on Unitrunker or something along those lines.

As I was driving by on 88 today, I heard ISP running traffic/access control on D1 Dispatch A. Other than that and the other reported traffic on ITTF 3B, everything else on the usual county/local frequencies seemed to be normal.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Good question Awesomeman92 - This is a perfect time for those Starcom21 Z-sites on wheels. I know you were talking about those and not being a lookie-loo or gawker. I heard ISP Sterling Dist 1 - Disp A checking homes right after it had touched down and cleared their area west of Rochelle in Ogle County last night. I've been listening to ITTF 3B most the day too inbetween Masters and White Sox viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.