New UPS system at Worldport

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the new system is at UPS Worldport? We were told it was going live on April 18 and the current system in the database will be no more.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sure you can. Tapped radio or SDR dongle and DSD+. And pardon my ignorance but I can't imagine listening to a UPS depot would be all that interesting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Sure you can. Tapped radio or SDR dongle and DSD+. And pardon my ignorance but I can't imagine listening to a UPS depot would be all that interesting?

If you didn't work out there or perform work as a vendor out there, it probably wouldn't be.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Gotcha. Figured there was likely a personal connection there somehow. But as long as they aren't using encryption there are still ways to listen in. DSD+ as I already mentioned, a real DMR radio or even the little hardware DMR decoder out of Russia (the name escapes me at the moment).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I didn't make a great habit of listening to UPS, but when I did, it was interesting. Talk about planes coming in, ramps assigned, sending out marshals to guide the plane in along with aircraft maintenance.

During their peak times, after the sun goes down up to around 4 AM, the system is pretty busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.