"Lost in FCC Land"

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
Attempts to research my local Public Safety Licenses and emissions in the Borough of Hopatcong, using their callsigns of WNKJ-359, or other fields, resulted in "nothing found" in basic or advanced searches, has left me pulling out eyebrow hairs. With the borough going DMR on their PD repeater, I wish to "read-up" on their license, and consider purchasing a DMR walkie on Amazon to enable monitoring. Any help is most appreciated. in "technical specifications" the FCC license specifies.

ecps92

Drop the DASH use only WNKJ359

Attempts to research my local Public Safety Licenses and emissions in the Borough of Hopatcong, using their callsigns of WNKJ-359, or other fields, resulted in "nothing found" in basic or advanced searches, has left me pulling out eyebrow hairs. With the borough going DMR on their PD repeater, I wish to "read-up" on their license, and consider purchasing a DMR walkie on Amazon to enable monitoring. Any help is most appreciated. in "technical specifications" the FCC license specifies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
If they are running privacy on the channel, that will be a wasted purchase. You won't be able to here a thing. Can anyone closer to there confirm if they are in the clear?

res5cue

You will not be able to listen to Hopatcong pd ever. They are using the mototurbo and I believe the 128 encryption. I lived there for 35 years when they were analog. There are bunch of reasons they switched 1 because in past they have had people coming on the repeater who shouldn't have last year they had a drunk guy who tried to have a conversation with the dispatcher and they get major interference from orange county and since the move to dmr it's gotten better.

SCPD

QRT
I remember the guy on the boat, talking to Liz that night.She had a time of it ,to get him to stop operating on the frequency. Finally after about five minutes, he stopped.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I heard them a few months ago on DMR in the clear using DSD+... :)

GM

Premium Subscriber
Hopatcong PD DMR

You will not be able to listen to Hopatcong pd ever.

I'm hearing them as we speak, (in the clear) using a discriminator tapped scanner running DSD+.

Speaking of FCC land, I hate to be the wet blanket, but Hopatcong is not licensed for DMR. If they're running it, it's like driving a tractor trailer through their town with a regular driver's license. It's not the right thing and they might get jammed up for it.

slapshot0017

Yea I looked at it earlier. No crap... Well like I said before can we get a Color Code, Time slot and talk group for the database?

Status
Not open for further replies.