Question on BCD536HP Analyze, RTC, 1.06.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Since no one has posted yet and I can't post under the announcement I figured I ask here.

The new firmware installed great. System Status looks great on the 536. After I updated the firmware I noticed it wiped the time and had to be set. I take it this is normal. Hasn't come up after several starts and figured it was due to firmware upgrade.

Tried out the Analyzer System Status and RF Power Plot. Working great so far. Haven't been able to get EDACS/LTR LCN working yet but that is just my error.

Will x36 Analyzer have Current Activity & Activity Log options later on like the other HP Advanced series?

Will instructions come out on the new features?

Other than the above, working great.
Thanks

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
Since no one has posted yet and I can't post under the announcement I figured I ask here.

The new firmware installed great. System Status looks great on the 536. After I updated the firmware I noticed it wiped the time and had to be set. I take it this is normal. Hasn't come up after several starts and figured it was due to firmware upgrade.

Tried out the Analyzer System Status and RF Power Plot. Working great so far. Haven't been able to get EDACS/LTR LCN working yet but that is just my error.

Will x36 Analyzer have Current Activity & Activity Log options later on like the other HP Advanced series?

Will instructions come out on the new features?

Other than the above, working great.
Thanks

Wise i would be intersted to see a youtube video for the new Analzye options I have a 436hp and i cant wait till it comes out for it too :)

wise871

Database Admin
Not much to record since it basically gives me status info only but here is a snapshot of the System Status and RF Plotter.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,718
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,655

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's available in the command set (or at least was prior to this update - I'm not at home where my scanner is, so I can't update it). Look at the Remote Command Plan, particularly pages 28 to 33. You may have to have a decent understanding of XML and the command structure to make it work.

wise871

Database Admin
Still no luck with EDACS/LTR LCN. I'll wait until the smart people get home this evening and explain it in simple terms. :)

troymail

Silent Key
Analyze is new to me... what do S, Q, and A represent?

Dan- what is the serial number on your radio (mine is ....1690)? The display sure seems alot brighter and clearer than what I have on mine.... defect?

Jay911

Feed Provider
If I recall correctly, S is Signal, Q is Quality (i.e. percentage of trunk messages received), and A is Activity (how busy the system is). Someone with an HP1 would be able to confirm.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have updated the firmware and I notice the lag on buttons while pressing it took about 3 mints before I turn off the light. The Volume Button setting is off to. I normally have it around 3-4 now I have to have it passed 10 to hear it.

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
I've got my volume on 10, where it was before I updated, and it's the same level as it was before. I'm not finding any lag on any buttons.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Hi
For the life of me, I can't find upmans post from today, regarding the firmware update! Can somebody post it here?

Thank you

rwier

If I recall correctly, S is Signal, Q is Quality (i.e. percentage of trunk messages received), and A is Activity (how busy the system is). Someone with an HP1 would be able to confirm.

I would have answered slightly different, but no different in substance:

Signal Strength
Signal Quality
Signal Activity

I only have the HP-1(E)s for reference, but I would like to see an upper line (color change?) to denote the maximum in each column.. Take the example "grab" posted above, is the top of the "Quality" graph at the max, or at about 90%? 80%?

rwier

I would have answered slightly different, but no different in substance:

Signal Strength
Signal Quality
Signal Activity

I only have the HP-1(E)s for reference, but I would like to see an upper line (color change?) to denote the maximum in each column.. Take the example "grab" posted above, is the top of the "Quality" graph at the max, or at about 90%? 80%?

Additional Comment: It is easy to see the "bottom" of the graphs as they all "line up". Even if the tops also all lined up, it could be a coincidence at somewhere less than maximum.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I would have thought it reasonable to assume that the top of each bar is 'maximum'. For signal, that'd be 5/5; for quality, that'd be 100% (of packets received/decoded); for activity, that'd be 100% of channels in use.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I would have thought it reasonable to assume that the top of each bar is 'maximum'. For signal, that'd be 5/5; for quality, that'd be 100% (of packets received/decoded); for activity, that'd be 100% of channels in use.

I "believe" his point was how do we know where the top is?

Status
Not open for further replies.