New Firmware 1.06.10 out for 536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I should have done a video before the update to see the difference on how it scans faster or slower on new update.

JamesO

Figured I would attempt the firmware update even though it was just released on a Friday and not many had attempted the update.

So I took the plunge this morning and performed the update.

Using Sentinel everything went quick and smooth. No apparent hiccups, clock bypass worked if nothing entered within 5 seconds, seems that the new menus work, but I have not spent much time really trying the new features.

So thumbs up so far, no bumps in the road, but Uniden should consider releasing these updates on Monday's just in case.

Now looking forward to the 436HP update.

Last edited:

Emoney250

The link I have for firmware updates still shows the most current as of 02/2015. Can someone give me the link with the new (04/2015) 1.06 version?

thank you

Emoney250

I sue the BCDx36HP sentinel software. Can I access the scanner (firmware) updates by clicking "update" and then "update firmware"? Probably a dumb question. I don't know how to check my scanner for the latest firmware installed.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I sue the BCDx36HP sentinel software. Can I access the scanner (firmware) updates by clicking "update" and then "update firmware"? Probably a dumb question. I don't know how to check my scanner for the latest firmware installed.

If you have a card reader put the micro sd card in. Than go to Sentinel and click Update than Update Firmware. Than put the card back into the 536hp turn on radio it will update from there. I have not done the USB Cord from radio to computer.

Triangulum

Can I access the scanner (firmware) updates by clicking "update" and then "update firmware"? Probably a dumb question. I don't know how to check my scanner for the latest firmware installed.

Do as you said. It will install the new firmware after you disconnect the plug. Remember to properly "Eject" the micro-sd card drive in File Explorer/Finder before pulling the plug. If you are already up to date then it will just say so once you go to "Update Firmware".

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Can I access the scanner (firmware) updates by clicking "update" and then "update firmware"?

That's how you're supposed to check for new firmware updates. The links that have been posted in the past with a list of past and current firmware files is not a Uniden resource.

JimQ

Premium Subscriber
I updated the Firmware to the new version using Sentinel without any issues... All seems to be working OK... The process using Sentinel and clicking on the Update Firmware icon worked as it is supposed to... Did Uniden issue any documentation on the Analysis function or do we have to use it to find out how it works?

JimQ

Premium Subscriber
Jay911, thanks... I have an HP1 with the extended functions so I should be able to figure it out... I have noticed that some people have posted some informative videos about the Analyze function... I had not seen them when I posted the question originally... Thanks again...

scanboyca

Update to firmware 1.06.10 sucess

I installed the latest firmware (v1.06.10) for my BCD536HP last night. It took a little searching around to figure out how to do this using Sentinel. It sure would be nice if Uniden would provide a simple set of instructions for updating with their announcements of new versions. The update process was quite simple once you know how to do it.

Also, I noticed that my scanner prompted me to set the clock immediately after firmware update. It appeared to already have the correct date/time but wanted me to re-enter it. A bit of a surprise but no problem.

The new firmware seems to work fine so far.

SCPD

QRT
Figured I would attempt the firmware update even though it was just released on a Friday and not many had attempted the update.

So I took the plunge this morning and performed the update.

Using Sentinel everything went quick and smooth. No apparent hiccups, clock bypass worked if nothing entered within 5 seconds, seems that the new menus work, but I have not spent much time really trying the new features.

So thumbs up so far, no bumps in the road, but Uniden should consider releasing these updates on Monday's just in case.

Now looking forward to the 436HP update.

Uniden can't win either way. I guess there is no pleasing everyone.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
There are plenty of business "experts" here who seem to know better how Uniden, Whistler and RS, should conduct their businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.