Parker County 700 MHz / System changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasday

It's an addition onto the county P25 public safety system. They are expanding out the system for coverage with the possibility of leaving vhf to go to all 700 in the future.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Sheriff's office is already carrying APX7000's. Most FD's are still using VHF XTS1500's.

I'm looking for an additional VHF site in the Azle / Reno area to be added soon.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
This morning, Parker County fire alarm office told all units to change to bank 3, then spent the rest of the day doing radio checks with each and every station, and apparatus.

I don't have a dedicated unitrunker setup, does anyone see if something has changed?

nd5y

They may have moved to the new Weatherford 700 MHz site or changed the site numbering to be compatible with TXWARN.
I'll run Unitrunker next time there is a good band opening unless somebody down there can do it sooner. Normally I can't receive that system.

Last week I noticed strange actvity on the PK Lake 700 MHz site. There was a radio that kept joining the PC fire dispatch talkgroup about once a minute.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
They may have moved to the new Weatherford 700 MHz site or changed the site numbering to be compatible with TXWARN.
I'll run Unitrunker next time there is a good band opening unless somebody down there can do it sooner. Normally I can't receive that system.

Last week I noticed strange actvity on the PK Lake 700 MHz site. There was a radio that kept joining the PC fire dispatch talkgroup about once a minute.
I heard multiple units still transmitting on VHF during their radio checks. I wasn't in position to hear many, but several trucks were still transmitting VHF to the system.

I've been hearing rumors about a 5th tower site near Azle, and I see a new application for 4 more VHF frequencies to be transferred to Parker County from Azle Communications.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

nd5y

Well they did something to the PK site. The control channel is gone and it is sending some type of data or test signal on three frequencies at the same time:

Unitrunker will not decode it but DSD+ shows:
Sync:+P25p1 NAC:6E5 TDULC UNHANDLED EXPLICIT OPCODE: #2 9000000000000000

They also changed the NAC from 1A5 to 6E5.

I can't hear the Parker County VHF or 700 sites right now.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Do you have a link to that? I could only fine one application for one paging block license.
That's it. George Teague is the Fire Marshall.

No links to the rumor, but have been hearing that they 5th tower site is coming soon.

nd5y

This morning the Weatherford 152.06 control channel came in for a few minutes.
It appears they have changed the VHF system ID from 1A7 to 6EC and site NAC from 1A0 to 6E0.
This is the same system ID as the Weatherford 700 MHz site but a different NAC.
Not decoding good enough to see what else changed or get the neighbor list.

This is the only recent application I found ULS Application - 0006859848 - Parker County, TX

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Same thing on the Agnes site. I can't hear Coor or Anetta.

The two VHF sites I can decode are not showing any 700 MHz neighbors.
At about 9am, I heard Fire Alarm say they were cutting over to the new system, and consoles would be down for approx ten minutes.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
This morning the Weatherford 152.06 control channel came in for a few minutes.
It appears they have changed the VHF system ID from 1A7 to 6EC and site NAC from 1A0 to 6E0.
This is the same system ID as the Weatherford 700 MHz site but a different NAC.
Not decoding good enough to see what else changed or get the neighbor list.

This is the only recent application I found ULS Application - 0006859848 - Parker County, TX
From the public statement exhibit associated with that application:

Exhibit for Public Interest Statement for

Application File No. 0006842574

Public Interest Statement

By this application, the parties seek the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”)

consent to the assignment of the license issued under call sign WPVH427 from Azle

Communications to Parker County Texas.

The parties submit that the grant of this application is in the public interest, convenience,

and necessity, as it will permit operations that support the communications of users

involved in these activities. Parker County Texas (the applicant) requests a change of

ownership of call sign WPVH427 from Azle Communications. Parker County will use the

license for internal purposes and not as a common carrier provider of paging services.

This change of ownership is in the public interest due to the fact that Parker County will

be using the license in support of it’s public safety.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I received a little more information this afternoon. There was firmware and software upgrades for all subscribers on the digital system in preparation of joining the 700mhz tower sites. There was some speculation about another 700mhz site to be located in Springtown, among other areas, in addition to the VHF tower site in the Azle area. This is to help with portable coverage around some areas of the county. The VHF towers are supposed to be primarily used around the county, and 700mhz to help with indoor areas around towns.

All subscribers are supposed to be upgrading to dual band APX radios, but the upgrades are slow coming due to the cost of replacing each and every radio across the entire system, as the XTL series is going to be nearing EOL in the coming years.

nd5y

Tropo opening going on this evening.
The Weatherford 700 sites does not appear to have changed. I was only receiving it good for a couple minutes but there was still no traffic.

The Agnes site changed since this morning. Now it's no longer broadcasting a neighbor list and it has band plans for 700 and 900 MHz.

Maybe in the morning conditions will be good enough to receive all the sites.

nd5y

The Weatherford 700 sites does not appear to have changed.
I don't know if this was something I missed earlier or it changed recently but I was looking at my Unitrunker readings from last night and the band plan being sent then indicates it is phase 2 capable (2 slots).

This morning I'm receiving two of the VHF sites and they are showing only phase 1 (1 slot) and still no neighbors. Not receiving 700 MHz this morning.

nd5y

Every few days something else changes.

Well they did something to the PK site. The control channel is gone and it is sending some type of data or test signal on three frequencies at the same time:
They also changed the NAC from 1A5 to 6E5.
Today Site 1-005 (PK Lake 700 MHz) is operating normally. NAC is still 6E5. In the past it had no neighbors, now it is showing sites 1-001, 1-003, and 1-004 which are all VHF.
Site 1-006 (Weatherford 700 MHz) is too weak to decode. I don't know if it changed.

The two VHF sites I can decode are not showing any 700 MHz neighbors.
Last time I was able to copy any VHF sites they had no neighbors. Today site 1-003 (Agnes) neighbors are 1-001 and 1-005. I'm not getting the other VHF sites so I don't know if they changed.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I'm getting ready to move closer to Weatherford, so most of my stuff is down, and I can't hear Agnes with an indoor antenna.

nd5y

New site 1-007 on the air

Control channel 152.1800
Site NAC 6E7

Only decoded for a few minutes and it showed alternate CC 152.8100 which used to be the primary CC for Cool. I don't know if this is an error, they changed the Cool site, or they are using it both places.

The Agnes neigbor list is showing 158.7825 as the CC for Cool.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Control channel 152.1800
Site NAC 6E7

Only decoded for a few minutes and it showed alternate CC 152.8100 which used to be the primary CC for Cool. I don't know if this is an error, they changed the Cool site, or they are using it both places.

The Agnes neigbor list is showing 158.7825 as the CC for Cool.

That site is almost certainly in Azle. Only showing one neighbor (agnes). Showing 152.8100 as an alternate CC.

I can't hear Agnes from my location, but this booming in loud and clear from Azle.

Status
Not open for further replies.