Trouble Scanning Halton Region Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

highstupid

Banned
I am having trouble with my HomePatrol-1 "enabling" Halton Region Trunk. I have a GPS attached to the HomePatrol. It does "enable" Halton's trunked system, but only when I'm near Milton, Oakville, etc, but not near Halton Hills or Georgetown. And I noticed that the GPS locations for the towers are the same. I am at a loss as to why and I'm looking for some help.

Thanks

Gregory VA3GSM

ATCTech

What agencies are you hearing and not hearing, and are you trying the north or south frequency groups? Some are on both, some are geographically segregated between the two.

ATCTech

Ok, not owning a Home Patrol I can't take it any further for you beyond saying that Halton P25 operates as two separate systems in terms of control channels and voice freqs, with some talk groups on both and some not. The north CC is 857.0375 with sites at 3 or 4 locations in the northern part of the county. If your radio is insisting on using 857.2625 it's trying to receive the Oakville or Burlington (south) sites.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Some ideas
Extend your range..
Add the north towers to a favorites list
Temp Lockout sites 1/2 by going advanced edit site etc and see if it gets sites 3/4

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I disagree.. It shouldn't be scanning through "(the whole region) in any part of the county"

That what range and the GPS can turn on/off certain sites. If your range was say 2miles it IS possible its locking out the north sites if the GPS coordinates are the same as the south and your in the north

But it is odd that you can't get the north sites at all
Add it to a favorites list using only site 3-4 and see.

I shouldn't need to increase the range since it SHOULD be scanning through it in any part of the county.

highstupid

Banned
I have it in a favourites list and set NOT to use location control and it works. I think my problems are caused by the location that the tower is set to in the database. It's in the acton/Georgetown area and should be set as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mciupa

Looking over the site details, I can see that the proper tower locations were never identified and were inherited from the region data,hence the same lat/long and humongous decimal place on the range.

I made the change and have used Georgetown for the North Site and Oakville for the South with their respective geo co-ords. Check it out by pushing the + on the clickable maps until the towns are identified.

Thanks for bringing this forward :)

Last edited:

highstupid

Banned
for south a good location would be HWY-25 & 407 with a radius of about 12 miles.
for north a good location would be Speyside or NW of Speyside with a radius of about 12 miles

as for an actual official location, according to the wiki page for the sys, it is simulcast and i can't find a specific exact location for any of the sites. the info above should be fine, with very little tweaking.

mciupa

I can't nail down definitive points either with mapping tools, so I'll leave what I have.

Let me know how it works.

mciupa

So you've changed the sites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, last night after 8pm

mciupa said:
I made the change and have used Georgetown for the North Site and Oakville for the South with their respective geo co-ords. Check it out by pushing the + on the clickable maps until the towns are identified.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The best way to scan Halton's system is to create a favourites list. The South tower has all the fire operations for the 4 cities/towns in Halton.

Status
Not open for further replies.