Bed Side Radio Set Up For Night Time Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I tend to listen to radios all night for work and have always had them just standing on my table, or propped against the wall, often leading to me knocking everything over at 3:AM as I reach for a drink, or to grab a radio and see what's going on.

Well after knocking over one radio, then knocking my laptop and iPad off the table, followed by dumping a 32oz Gatorade onto the floor and the remaining radios falling to the floor into the pool of Gatorade on Thursday night, I decided to fix the problem yesterday. I found three brackets, same ones I use in my truck, and a mic clip, painted them black to match the table, measured them out and now I can hang three Motorola Astro Sabers next to my bed, along with a Uniden 436hp.

Under the table I now have a power strip and can charge one Astro Saber (which has a charging port in the battery) and the 436hp.

Not exactly my shack, or a shack at all, but this should be handy ... until I go to grab a radio at 3:AM and run for the door, dragging the whole table behind me.

Attachments

• BedRadio_3088.jpg
    BedRadio_3088.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,837

sefrischling

Must not be married! My wife makes me leave my equipment downstairs!

Single Dad, three kids and two dogs who live with me ... they knock everything over also.

When possible, my 14 year old has begun chasing news as well. She does pretty good at 3:AM dodging junkies outside structure fires getting her photos.

The 14 and 10 year old both have radios listen to PD/FD/EMS. The 8 year old ... he steals everyone's radios

ecps92

Borrows Radios.....

Just enough time to Close-Call them :roll:

Single Dad, three kids and two dogs who live with me ... they knock everything over also.

When possible, my 14 year old has begun chasing news as well. She does pretty good at 3:AM dodging junkies outside structure fires getting her photos.

The 14 and 10 year old both have radios listen to PD/FD/EMS. The 8 year old ... he steals everyone's radios

Snagley

I have 2 radios running each feeding a bluetooth transmitter left = radio 1 right = radio 2
That way I'm only taking the bluetooth speaker to the bed room.

sefrischling

Snagley,

My office is in the loft in my bedroom. Everything for work is in my bedroom, most of it on the upper level, but camera bag is under the table to run with, radios conveniently located as well.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Snagley,

My office is in the loft in my bedroom. Everything for work is in my bedroom, most of it on the upper level, but camera bag is under the table to run with, radios conveniently located as well.

Interesting set up! My question is: do you actually get much sleep in this line of work?

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Why not use a base station radio OP?

Something like a BCD996XT or the BCT-15X. You can't knock them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.